nosirrah

suggestions bassed on found infections

I was thinking that it would be more user friendly of SAS if suggestions were made for certain detected infection types . For instance if a dialer is found SAS could end the removal process with a warning to call your phone company to check for fraudulent calls . If a keyloggers or password stealers are found a warning to contact financial institutions and change all passwords could be given . If rogue software is found then a warning to dispute charges for rogue software that they may have purchased could be given .

I was thinking that it would be more user friendly of SAS if suggestions were made for certain detected infection types . For instance if a dialer is found SAS could end the removal process with a warning to call your phone company to check for fraudulent calls . If a keyloggers or password stealers are found a warning to contact financial institutions and change all passwords could be given . If rogue software is found then a warning to dispute charges for rogue software that they may have purchased could be given .

Thanks for the suggestions. We have to be very careful about such items as it could be considered libel or defamatory towards one of those companies.

You could reserve the warning for cases when there will be no legitimate contesting . I can see your point when it comes to malware that is installed by a user that did not read an EULA but for exploit installed malware I see no reason not to warn the user that their financial information or passwords may have been compromised . Same goes for universally agreed upon rogues . I don't see how the makers of winfixer (currently being sued now anyways) or spywarelocked would have a leg to stand on .

You would have a hell of a lot of credible people in your corner if any of these morons did make a stink .