George_L

Waterfox 64 bit Browser

I was attempting to install a 64bit version of Firefox called WaterfoxMy link or here. It immediately deletes the file before it can be installed because it believes its malware. From everything I can tell, it is not and this is indicating a false positive.

Hi George_L,

Thanks so much for reporting this to us. You are correct, this was a False Positive. We have implemented a fix for this detection as of the most recent definitions update. Please update your definitions, and then you shouldn't have any more problems with that Waterfox file getting detected.

Thanks again! We really appreciate your help finding and fixing False Positives!

I completed a definitions update (version 7959) as of 8pm 11/17/11 and it continues to delete the Waterfox file during installation. The latest update did NOT fix this issue. Please let me know when it will be completed correctly.

Thanks

Hi George_L,

Thanks for testing this. I tested it out and could not trigger any detections, and after looking through our definition update logs I see that our fix for this false positive actually was implemented in database version 7960. This explains why on version 7959 you were still having the false detection.

When you have a chance, please update your definitions once more and test it again please. I am pretty sure we have this fix implemented correctly, so you shouldn't have any more detections.

Thanks again for your help!