Guest perry

"System.BrokenFileAssociation"

Guest perry

I've done scans with other programs (all fully updated)

My fully updated Norton A/V says the system is clean as well.

It appears to be a variation of the glitch SAS had in 2010 & earlier this year..I need someone from SAS to confirm & explain what I should do & what is causing this.

By the way, I didn't quarantine it since I didn't want to take a chance of screwing up my system. I'll wait for a reply from SAS.

post-14506-0-78519800-1321294346_thumb.png

post-14506-0-57466000-1321294348_thumb.png

post-14506-0-74783700-1321294350_thumb.png

post-14506-0-42118100-1321294352_thumb.png

post-14506-0-85490400-1321294354_thumb.png

I've done scans with other programs (all fully updated)

My fully updated Norton A/V says the system is clean as well.

It appears to be a variation of the glitch SAS had in 2010 & earlier this year..I need someone from SAS to confirm & explain what I should do & what is causing this.

By the way, I didn't quarantine it since I didn't want to take a chance of screwing up my system. I'll wait for a reply from SAS.

Hello Perry,

For the broken file association; please run the file association fix below.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FixEXEfile.com

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware Customer Service

Guest perry

Hello, it didn't work. I downloaded the file to desktop. ran it, it said "sucess". I then right clicked on the "fix" you gave me, same problem..SAS Pro still says the exact same things I posted pics of. I rebooted the pc & tried again without success. Everything else on the pc works fine.

Now what?

And by the way, the other people that had the problems in the past, wasn't SAS saying it found malware "exe" not what I have "com"?

I did another scan this time using Trend Micro Housecall, full system scan & it found zero threats.

Guest perry

To mods

I was informed via support ticket that a .com file extension repair tool has to be made by a developer. Hopefully they'll get a fix soon.

Guest perry

Problem is solved. I ran Ghost & reverted back to an image made recently. All programs are functioning fine & SAS Pro is not finding the "com" problem after a scan now.

I'm not sure how the com file associations were messed up, but I'm glad I use Ghost.

Thanks for the help on here & via support tickets SAS.

Problem is solved. I ran Ghost & reverted back to an image made recently. All programs are functioning fine & SAS Pro is not finding the "com" problem after a scan now.

I'm not sure how the com file associations were messed up, but I'm glad I use Ghost.

Thanks for the help on here & via support tickets SAS.

Good to hear, thanks for making us aware of the issue.

I ran a scan and had this come up ("System.BrokenFileAssociation" "HKCR\.exe") and unfortunately didn't know enough not to let SAS "fix" the problem. Now I'm having problems with my system--IE crashes on certain sites with embedded video, and the search function for another Windows program stopped functioning.

Is there a fix yet for the issue?

Thanks,

Jon

P.s., I ran the SAS ".exe" fixer without it helping...

I ran a scan and had this come up ("System.BrokenFileAssociation" "HKCR\.exe") and unfortunately didn't know enough not to let SAS "fix" the problem. Now I'm having problems with my system--IE crashes on certain sites with embedded video, and the search function for another Windows program stopped functioning.

Is there a fix yet for the issue?

Thanks,

Jon

P.s., I ran the SAS ".exe" fixer without it helping...

If you run another scan, does it still detect the System.BrokenFileAssociation after running the .exe fix? Letting SAS try to fix it shouldn't do anything to your system.

If you run another scan, does it still detect the System.BrokenFileAssociation after running the .exe fix? Letting SAS try to fix it shouldn't do anything to your system.

No, it no longer detects it. (And, in cool light of day, it's possible system issues I'm having are after-effects of virus infection...)

Guest arroreich

I bought a new fan today. The system has been up for over 2 hours playing SWG with all the options turned all the way up .

Thanks for the help