silkphoenix

How to delete threats when cancel or stop scanning

At times, when my scheduled scanning (complete) took too long, I need to either stop or cancel the scans. But if I do that, I was not able to remove the detected threats because the "Remove Threats" window did not show up, it went to the Home window instead. Could someone please tell me how can I remove the detected threats if I decide to either stop or cancel the scans? As of now, I have to restart the complete scan all over again and then wait until the scan is finished so I can remove the detected threats.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

At times, when my scheduled scanning (complete) took too long, I need to either stop or cancel the scans. But if I do that, I was not able to remove the detected threats because the "Remove Threats" window did not show up, it went to the Home window instead. Could someone please tell me how can I remove the detected threats if I decide to either stop or cancel the scans? As of now, I have to restart the complete scan all over again and then wait until the scan is finished so I can remove the detected threats.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Silk! I am pretty sure it shouldn't be doing that when you hit the cancel button durring a scan, when ever I hit the cancel button it prompts me to remove any infects, I then select them and hiot remove, try un-installing and re-installign SaS or doing a repair on SaS, then run a scan and hit cancel mid way through, and see if the problem is fixed.

Hi SilkPhoenix,

Ezekial is correct, that is not the normal behavior. After you pause or cancel the scan then you should still see the same exact results window and have to click the Remove button to continue, same as you would if the scan were able to complete. Please reinstall if this has happened more than once, because that is definitely atypical and personally I can't say I've seen it before.

Have a great day!

Thank you for the responses. Well, this situation does not happen all the time. It only happens twice in the last two months. I'll wait and see what happens before I uninstall/reinstall since I don't want to go through entering my registration key again.

It happened again last night. My SAS scheduled scan lasted almost 5 hours and still running, so I cancelled the scan and it went to the Home window instead of the window that lets me delete the detected threats. So this is the 2nd time this week. I am using the latest SAS 5.0.1136 and all definitions are updated. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall because I did it just two months ago when I was having problems with my scheduled scan. I remember at that time I have to uninstall the old one first, then search my hard drive for anything that has relation with SAS and deleted them all (the uninstaller did not delete everything of SAS from my hard drive), then reboot and reinstall SAS. I just don't have the time to do all these steps all over again and do not want to do it every one or two months.

Does anyone have such symptoms or just me? It seems every time I upgraded my SAS, there's another problem come up.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

I did another complete scan this morning and it took almost 7 hours to finish. But it did finish the scanning and I was able to delete all the detected threats (81) and there were about 140000 files, 40000 Registries scanned. I haven't added any new programs or files for two days and the night before, the complete scan finished in about 2-1/2 hours. Does anyone know why today took so long while the one before was so much faster? I am sure the number of registries and files scanned are not that different.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated. Thank you.

It happened again last night. My SAS scheduled scan lasted almost 5 hours and still running, so I cancelled the scan and it went to the Home window instead of the window that lets me delete the detected threats. So this is the 2nd time this week. I am using the latest SAS 5.0.1136 and all definitions are updated. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall because I did it just two months ago when I was having problems with my scheduled scan. I remember at that time I have to uninstall the old one first, then search my hard drive for anything that has relation with SAS and deleted them all (the uninstaller did not delete everything of SAS from my hard drive), then reboot and reinstall SAS. I just don't have the time to do all these steps all over again and do not want to do it every one or two months.

Does anyone have such symptoms or just me? It seems every time I upgraded my SAS, there's another problem come up.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

I haven't had any tickets with the same issue. The new installer will actually remove the old version automatically, you may want to try it. Do you have scan boost enabled? You can check by going to the SUPERAntiSpyware home screen, making sure "Complete Scan" is selected, then clicking the "Scan your Computer.." button and looking under "Scan Boost."

I haven't had any tickets with the same issue. The new installer will actually remove the old version automatically, you may want to try it. Do you have scan boost enabled? You can check by going to the SUPERAntiSpyware home screen, making sure "Complete Scan" is selected, then clicking the "Scan your Computer.." button and looking under "Scan Boost."

Sorry to let you know that your comment "The new installer will actually remove the old version automatically" is not really correct. I know that because that's what I did last time I have to uninstall/reinstall my SAS. At first, I just reinstall my SAS, but the problem still exists and I came to this forum and found that I need to completely uninstall the old version, search my hard drive and delete all the "leftovers", then install the SAS again. By then, the problem went away.

Yes, I have "scan boost" check under "Low Boost". I have been using Complete Scan with Low Boost scan ever since I used SAS (also have "Scan inside .ZIP archives" checked). As I mentioned earlier, most of the times, my scheduled scan complete without any problems. But occasionally, it did. The problem is it took a long time for the scanning (didn't crash because the scan is still running). Usually takes about 2-1/2 hours and occasionally, it takes over 6 hours. If I cancel the scan (or stop), it went to Home window immediately which prohibit me to delete all the detected threats, and I have to start the whole scanning all over again.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to find out how many files were scanned with my SAS Scheduled scan? I want to compare the number of files being scanned. Last night my scheduled scan took almost 10 hours to finish. I want to compare the number of files scanned last night to the one before that which only took 3 hours to scan.

I am going to uninstall/reinstall SAS to see if this problem goes away. It is really annoying. It seems every time SAS has an upgrade, there's always some problems.