septuagenarian

SAS temporarily removed but causing trouble

I had the free edition installed, but recently encountered some difficult system problems. At the moment SAS is removed.

However problems are still there, and the computer crashes within 10 minutes of first booting up.

Strangely, even though SAS is supposedly not on my system the critical event log reads

The SAS Core Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.

So it seems that SAS is still lurking in my computer.

How do I solve the problem, please?

Win7 64 bit Home Premium

I had the free edition installed, but recently encountered some difficult system problems. At the moment SAS is removed.

However problems are still there, and the computer crashes within 10 minutes of first booting up.

Strangely, even though SAS is supposedly not on my system the critical event log reads

The SAS Core Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.

So it seems that SAS is still lurking in my computer.

How do I solve the problem, please?

Win7 64 bit Home Premium

Hello Sept! it sounds like to me that SaS indeed did not un-install properly and left behind some registry files and or system files that are making the computer think SaS is still running, but when SaS tries to do something, it hits a critical error! try clicking your SaS installation file, and see if it prompts you to repair or un-install, if it does choose un-install and hopefully it will get rid of the left overs, hope this helps!