Sign in to follow this  
Buddahfan

Firefox Sqlite "Adware" Tracking Cookies

This is not a complaint but more in the form of a question.

I know that SAS Scans will identify Adware tracking cookies in Firefox that are located in the Firefox Profile folder chain.

These are probably dumb questions.

I see the cookies listed in the Scan Logs of my scheduled scans. The cookies however do not show up in Quarantine. Are the Adware tracking cookies removed by the Scan?

If they are removed why can't SAS just block them in real-time?

I know that SAS Scans will identify Adware tracking cookies in Firefox that are located in the Firefox Profile folder chain.

I see the cookies listed in the Scan Logs of my scheduled scans. The cookies however do not show up in Quarantine. Are the Adware tracking cookies removed by the Scan?

Hello Budd! most I don't think any anti-spyware/malware programs do this because of the fact that many of those tracking cookies are used for website preferences, and website logins, and if SaS started blocking them you could potentially have the wrong ones blocked which may cause problems on the websites that use those cookies, it is safer just to remove them after they have been placed, that way they were used as needed, hope this helped!

Hello Budd! most I don't think any anti-spyware/malware programs do this because of the fact that many of those tracking cookies are used for website preferences, and website logins, and if SaS started blocking them you could potentially have the wrong ones blocked which may cause problems on the websites that use those cookies, it is safer just to remove them after they have been placed, that way they were used as needed, hope this helped!

What I did was go into the Firefox profile on the one computer that was having the problem and delete all the Sqlite cookies. I then had to reinstall all of my addons since it appears that the Firefox addons use Sqlite.

It will be interesting to see if the adware cookies show up again.

cheers

Most cookies are deleted automatically and don't go through the quarantine process. Cookies aren't blocked real-time because as ezekial52787 said they are used for general browsing and blocking them in real time would cause issues.