JLR

Home Page Protection in IE7

Hi... I just noticed that when changing to several home pages in IE7, SUPERAntiSpyware only reacts if the first (line) is different from the previous settings, so in other words - a harmful site might be able to add many new home pages just as long as the first is the same.

Since I don't know the exact process of how these pages are saved I can't say for sure if it's a threat, but I just wanted to hear you out about it...

/JLR

Hi... I just noticed that when changing to several home pages in IE7, SUPERAntiSpyware only reacts if the first (line) is different from the previous settings, so in other words - a harmful site might be able to add many new home pages just as long as the first is the same.

Since I don't know the exact process of how these pages are saved I can't say for sure if it's a threat, but I just wanted to hear you out about it...

/JLR

We are updating SUPERAntiSpyware to handle the multiple home pages in a future version - so far was have not observed any spyware that changes the multiple home pages.