sunniebear

Hello From a New User

Hello to everyone.

I have recently downloaded a trial for SAS Pro. Sorry that sounds like I didn't have much faith to jump in and purchase but I am still shaking off the blood, sweat and tears from having had my previous antispyware program, which I had stuck to religiously for a long time and thought I would never give up, go drastacally up the wall, along with the companies morals, after it's latest version release. (No clues there then :lol: ).

I was browsing the forum for a resolution to my, so far, only query, (but be warned I have to have an answer for anything I am not sure of the reason for, so there may be more :lol: ), about the over motherly UAC in Vista and automatic updating in SAS and have already found the answer, that it is best to run the updates manually with Vista.

Does SAS generally release updates daily or sometimes twice a day? Just to know whether I should do a couple of manual checks a day and not just one after starting up.

My comments so far.

It is so refeshing to have an antispyware program the will actually let my AV of choice, KAV, start up first and gracefully pull up a chair behind it instead of bullying it backstage.

Resource usage for real-time monitoring is incredible and I can't feel the slightest lag on the system at all. It is another little ballerina like KAV, the two of them together aren't even using 1/2 the MB's of ram that my previous product used on it's own.

Very easy to work around the programs interface for settng your preferences etc. and great customisability on scannig options.

I don't really understand why this product isn't more widely known. I have been in a dilemma for several weeks now of what way to turn and only decided to give it a go as I had seen it mentioned on the Kaspersky forums. I have done a bit of googling since then and have come across the product download on Cnet and a few reviews here and there.

IMHO it should perhaps be more 'front page news'.

Well thats my 2 pennies worth for now.

Nice to meet you all :wink:

Hello to everyone.

I have recently downloaded a trial for SAS Pro. Sorry that sounds like I didn't have much faith to jump in and purchase but I am still shaking off the blood, sweat and tears from having had my previous antispyware program, which I had stuck to religiously for a long time and thought I would never give up, go drastacally up the wall, along with the companies morals, after it's latest version release. (No clues there then :lol: ).

I was browsing the forum for a resolution to my, so far, only query, (but be warned I have to have an answer for anything I am not sure of the reason for, so there may be more :lol: ), about the over motherly UAC in Vista and automatic updating in SAS and have already found the answer, that it is best to run the updates manually with Vista.

Does SAS generally release updates daily or sometimes twice a day? Just to know whether I should do a couple of manual checks a day and not just one after starting up.

My comments so far.

It is so refeshing to have an antispyware program the will actually let my AV of choice, KAV, start up first and gracefully pull up a chair behind it instead of bullying it backstage.

Resource usage for real-time monitoring is incredible and I can't feel the slightest lag on the system at all. It is another little ballerina like KAV, the two of them together aren't even using 1/2 the MB's of ram that my previous product used on it's own.

Very easy to work around the programs interface for settng your preferences etc. and great customisability on scannig options.

I don't really understand why this product isn't more widely known. I have been in a dilemma for several weeks now of what way to turn and only decided to give it a go as I had seen it mentioned on the Kaspersky forums. I have done a bit of googling since then and have come across the product download on Cnet and a few reviews here and there.

IMHO it should perhaps be more 'front page news'.

Well thats my 2 pennies worth for now.

Nice to meet you all :wink:

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the compliments! We release definitions typically once per day, you can see our release history here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/definit ... story.html

It's hard to get well know and be on the front page - when people tell their friends and family and post reviews it helps :)

Thanks for the link team, that gives me a good idea of the pattern.

I certainly have no qualms on recommending your product and dropping the name around a few forums.

The PC security product market has become a fiercely competetive business and IMHO those with the resources to induldge in the glossy marketing are slowly losing their focus on what the product should really be about, let alone the meaning of 'customer service'. :?