malloy0

SUPERAntiSpyware -Keep Doing What You're doing!

This post is BOTH feedback and suggestions of various types.

I'll admit that after trying anti-spyware program after program that I keep coming back to you guys!

Most notably I got a new home PC and started from scratch with installing of the "stuff" I need including an anti-spyware program.

I have subscriptions to PC Tools, CA. and trialed CounterSpy, TrendMicro, others, and noticed one VERY, VERY important thing about SUPERAntiSpyware...

After an install I CAN STILL have remote network access to my home network drives on my network PCs. Seems that PC Tools and CounterSpy cause the "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" error Event ID 2011 after an install. This error does not allow network drive access unless the registry is edited per MS at http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;177078. Rather than do this, I uninstalled CounterSpy and PC Tools and installed SAS Home (for now) and will eventually upgrade to PRO.

But SUPERAntiSpyware does NOT have this issue!! WOO_HOO!!!! So no need to be a super computer sleuth to figure out why after an anti-spyware install why network drives cannot be accessed. Computers are enough trouble as it is wihtout this help. Keep Doing What You're doing!

In addtion, features I like to see added?

1. After a scan (manual or scheduled) have some default setting to auto quarantine, delete, repair, do nothing, "spyware items" found based on type, with a check box on-off for handling start-up items, cookies, registry, etc)rather than leaving the scan window open AFTER a scan.

2. Another feature? during a scan, minimize to tray.

3. Lastly, have see PRO as a 2, 3, 5 liscense like Counterspy with 3 copies for $45.

Meanwhile, like I said...Keep Doing What You're Doing!

Thanks!!!

This post is BOTH feedback and suggestions of various types.

I'll admit that after trying anti-spyware program after program that I keep coming back to you guys!

Most notably I got a new home PC and started from scratch with installing of the "stuff" I need including an anti-spyware program.

I have subscriptions to PC Tools, CA. and trialed CounterSpy, TrendMicro, others, and noticed one VERY, VERY important thing about SUPERAntiSpyware...

After an install I CAN STILL have remote network access to my home network drives on my network PCs. Seems that PC Tools and CounterSpy cause the "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" error Event ID 2011 after an install. This error does not allow network drive access unless the registry is edited per MS at http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;177078. Rather than do this, I uninstalled CounterSpy and PC Tools and installed SAS Home (for now) and will eventually upgrade to PRO.

But SUPERAntiSpyware does NOT have this issue!! WOO_HOO!!!! So no need to be a super computer sleuth to figure out why after an anti-spyware install why network drives cannot be accessed. Computers are enough trouble as it is wihtout this help. Keep Doing What You're doing!

In addtion, features I like to see added?

1. After a scan (manual or scheduled) have some default setting to auto quarantine, delete, repair, do nothing, "spyware items" found based on type, with a check box on-off for handling start-up items, cookies, registry, etc)rather than leaving the scan window open AFTER a scan.

2. Another feature? during a scan, minimize to tray.

3. Lastly, have see PRO as a 2, 3, 5 liscense like Counterspy with 3 copies for $45.

Meanwhile, like I said...Keep Doing What You're Doing!

Thanks!!!

Thank you for the compliments and suggestions - we will keep your suggestiosn on our wish-list for possible inclusion in a a future version!