Sign in to follow this  
Madeline

POWERMENUSETUP_1_5_1.EXE

I have had this file, POWERMENUSETUP_1_5_1.EXE, in my 'Downloads' folder for over 2 years and suddenly SAS has decided it's harbouring a Trojan! Really? Well nothing else does. I've scanned the file with NIS 2011, MBAM, Spybot S&D and none of these programs found anything untoward in it. Just to be on the safe side, I uploaded the file to Jotti Scan and none of the 20 scanners there found anything either.

I update SAS only once a day as I'm on a slow dial-up connection, so tomorrow I'll update, run another scan to see if it has the same result and I'll let you know what happens. Apart from this, I don't intend to take any further action over this false positive, but I thought you should know about it.

Madeline

Hi Madeline,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Sounds like it's most likely a false positive. If you could use our in-application 'Report as False Positive' (you see this button right after a scan while looking at the results) then we will be able to get all the file information we will need to fix the detection and stop the scanner from detecting the item moving forward.

Thanks so much for your help. Have a good one!

Hi Madeline,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Sounds like it's most likely a false positive. If you could use our in-application 'Report as False Positive' (you see this button right after a scan while looking at the results) then we will be able to get all the file information we will need to fix the detection and stop the scanner from detecting the item moving forward.

Thanks so much for your help. Have a good one!

Hi SASJoe,

Thanks for your reply. I've done my daily update already, so my database is a bit behind, but I'll run a scan soon and report the file as a False Positive as you suggest above. I'll post back here when I've done it.

Many thanks,

Madeline :-)

Hello again SASJoe,

I've run the scan and reported the False Positive as requested. Will you let me know, either here or by e-mail, when this is fixed please?

Many thanks,

Hi Madeline,

Yup, this was indeed a False Positive. As of the most recent update this is now fixed and we no longer will detect that file. Once you update your definitions you shouldn't have any more issues.

Thanks so much for your help! Have a good one!

Hi Madeline,

Yup, this was indeed a False Positive. As of the most recent update this is now fixed and we no longer will detect that file. Once you update your definitions you shouldn't have any more issues.

Thanks so much for your help! Have a good one!

Hi SASJoe,

This is wonderful, I wasn't expecting it to be fixed so quickly! I'm very impressed by your efficiency and it's nice not to have the False Positive show up any more; it was the first False Positive I've had with SAS.

Many thanks for your help,

Sure thing, not a problem. Sorry about the inconvenience to begin with. If you ever have any more detections you believe to be False Positives please feel free to send in another False Positive Report.

Have a good one!

Sure thing, not a problem. Sorry about the inconvenience to begin with. If you ever have any more detections you believe to be False Positives please feel free to send in another False Positive Report.

Have a good one!

Thanks SASJoe and don't worry about any 'inconvenience', at least I know now how easy it is to send in a report and get a False Positive fixed. I won't hesitate to do this again if necessary, but I doubt if it'll be a regular event!

Have a good weekend!