Sign in to follow this  
junk1958

Professional edition license questions

Hi -

Here are two questions:

1. If I buy the professional edition for my XP machine and then I wipe out my O/S and replace it with Win7, do I have to buy a new copy of the pro edition or can I re-install on the upgraded machine.

2. If I buy the professional edition for my XP machine and then decide to junk the machine, can I transfer the license to another machine (XP or Win7)?

Thanks!

Hi -

Here are two questions:

1. If I buy the professional edition for my XP machine and then I wipe out my O/S and replace it with Win7, do I have to buy a new copy of the pro edition or can I re-install on the upgraded machine.

2. If I buy the professional edition for my XP machine and then decide to junk the machine, can I transfer the license to another machine (XP or Win7)?

Thanks!

Junk1958.

Just keep the key SAS sent you and use it in any new install. The registration is exclusively to the user not the computer, but remember that only one SAS must be active.

Regards.

Hi -

Here are two questions:

Thanks!

Hello,

With the standard license, you can install it on a maximum of 3 computers. If you are going to reinstall, it is best to first transfer your license by going to the SUPERAntiSpyware home screen, click Preferences, go to the Help tab and click the link under "Transfer Product License." Otherwise you'll have to contact us after you reach 3 installs so we can reset your license.

Hello,

With the standard license, you can install it on a maximum of 3 computers. If you are going to reinstall, it is best to first transfer your license by going to the SUPERAntiSpyware home screen, click Preferences, go to the Help tab and click the link under "Transfer Product License." Otherwise you'll have to contact us after you reach 3 installs so we can reset your license.

News to me.

I have two licenses and I have used both. One of them I have installed and uninstalled many times in my comp without problems. The other. I have used it in two different machines at home, an old Win 98 Gateway that I threw away a couple of years back and then I used the same license in a Vista Aspire that I got for my niece who lives at home with me.

Are you saying that the licences are attached to the comp and not to the user ?

Regards

News to me.

I have two licenses and I have used both. One of them I have installed and uninstalled many times in my comp without problems. The other. I have used it in two different machines at home, an old Win 98 Gateway that I threw away a couple of years back and then I used the same license in a Vista Aspire that I got for my niece who lives at home with me.

Are you saying that the licences are attached to the comp and not to the user ?

Regards

Correct, it's based on the unique hardware profile of the computer you're registering on.

Thank you.

So if I like to install SAS in another computer, it is better to reset the key licence as you described in your reply to Junk1958 ( post # 3).

Now. Does that mean that I will be getting another key licence in my e-mail ?

Regards.

Thank you.

So if I like to install SAS in another computer, it is better to reset the key licence as you described in your reply to Junk1958 ( post # 3).

Now. Does that mean that I will be getting another key licence in my e-mail ?

Regards.

No, it will just remove that current installation from your reg. key, making room for another installation. Otherwise, if you keep installing without transferring the license, you will get a message that you've exceeded your limit of installs and have to contact us so we can reset it.

No, it will just remove that current installation from your reg. key, making room for another installation. Otherwise, if you keep installing without transferring the license, you will get a message that you've exceeded your limit of installs and have to contact us so we can reset it.

Ok. Thank you, SAS.