SAS-fan

Problem with Flash Player and Java script

Just this past week, I am no longer able to view anything requiring Macromedia Flash. Sites like youtube tell me that I either don't have the most recent version of Macromedia Flash or that I don't have java script enabled.

Problem is that I have both.

Could this be at all SAS Pro related?

Just this past week, I am no longer able to view anything requiring Macromedia Flash. Sites like youtube tell me that I either don't have the most recent version of Macromedia Flash or that I don't have java script enabled.

Problem is that I have both.

Could this be at all SAS Pro related?

This would not be related to SAS, we don't filter web pages at all.

Man...this problem took hours to figure out. I upgraded to the most recent version of java as well as flash...multiple times. I searched on-line for various fixes, nothing worked.

I stumbled upon the solution by accident. I decided that I would try going back to an older version of flash to see if that would work. In order to downgrade your flash player, you need to uninstall the newere version of flash and reinstall the older version. So I downloaded the flash uninstall program. Uninstalled flash 9 and cleaned the registry. Then installed flash 8. Didn't work.

So then I reinstalled Flash 9 and the problem was solved. So apparently I needed to uninstall flash and install the newest version rather than upgrading to the most recent version of flash.

Man...this problem took hours to figure out. I upgraded to the most recent version of java as well as flash...multiple times. I searched on-line for various fixes, nothing worked.

I stumbled upon the solution by accident. I decided that I would try going back to an older version of flash to see if that would work. In order to downgrade your flash player, you need to uninstall the newere version of flash and reinstall the older version. So I downloaded the flash uninstall program. Uninstalled flash 9 and cleaned the registry. Then installed flash 8. Didn't work.

So then I reinstalled Flash 9 and the problem was solved. So apparently I needed to uninstall flash and install the newest version rather than upgrading to the most recent version of flash.

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for taking the time to update the topic here!