SAS-fan

SAS Pro as your only antispyware application?

I presently have SAS Pro and another antispyware program protecting my PC. It's coming up on time ot renew the other program and I really don't want to.

Do you feel that SAS Pro coupled with a good firewall and good AV is enough protection?

I presently have SAS Pro and another antispyware program protecting my PC. It's coming up on time ot renew the other program and I really don't want to.

Do you feel that SAS Pro coupled with a good firewall and good AV is enough protection?

What firewall are you running and which AV product? SAS Pro gets along well with other products.

I worry about posting my entire security suite on-line. If a hacker were lurking, they could devise a program specifically targeted to my set up.

My AV is rated as advanced plus in AV comparatives.

My firewall is stealths all ports.

Coupled with SAS Pro, should I have most bases covered?

I worry about posting my entire security suite on-line. If a hacker were lurking, they could devise a program specifically targeted to my set up.

My AV is rated as advanced plus in AV comparatives.

My firewall is stealths all ports.

Coupled with SAS Pro, should I have most bases covered?

No one can hack you based up on forum posts :) But yes, you should be well covered with SAS+Firewall+AV.

Having a couple of on-demand scanners such as Ad-aware, AVG anti-spyware won't hurt as well, but basically you should be all covered.

I have wondered about the OPs question before.

I have Nod32 AV, Comodo Firewall, Adaware SE Personal, Spybot, Spywareguard, Spywarblaster, and SAS.

I have recently been reading about Boclean. I do not know if I am well covered by antivirus and antispyware apps, or just plain buried.

Your advice will be well recieved.

Having Antivir for on demand scanning is hard to argue against :

http://winnow.oitc.com/AntiVirusPerformance.html

Keep in mind that these figures only depict performance against new threats and the numbers for all current threats may be very different .

From my own experience it has been difficult to get much past the combination of SAS and Antivir and the two get along like the other is not even there .

Antivir has recently added a hidden file scanner (heuristic anti-rookit) that kicks in before the full scan begins . Antivir also have adjustable heuristics .

As far as prevention goes There is no substitute for the combination of HIPS and locking out access to critical registry start points and .ini files . I use 2 custom batch files that make use of subinacl.exe to lock and unlock access to common malware hijacking points . This batch file also immunizes safemode from changes .