Sign in to follow this  
Abhoth

SaS locks up...

First post ... so Hi all, how goes it?

And now for the fun! So, client has a Windows 7 laptop and it's stuck in the 'I need to repair myself' loop ... a loop because the repair don't work. Nothing works as the restore points also got wiped it looks like... anyway, determined that tcpip.sys was corrupt and replaced it with a good copy from my machine. Same OS and such... boots up fine and dandy, all better... mostly, now the fun!

Once I get it booted up I start checking a few things here and there and running SaS, all good. Until Sas gets to the tcpip.sys file and then we have a complete system lock. Locked up tighter than a tick! No getting into task manager ... nothing. So, power button held and rebooted after the forced shutdown. Tried it again and same result ... scanned it with Malwarebytes, sorry, and it scanned it fine so wondering the obvious... what's the issue here.

Windows 7 likes my tcpip.sys replacement, that other scanner is okay with it ... internet connection is fine, so what's the issue with SaS???

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ruminations....

~ Paul

First post ... so Hi all, how goes it?

And now for the fun! So, client has a Windows 7 laptop and it's stuck in the 'I need to repair myself' loop ... a loop because the repair don't work. Nothing works as the restore points also got wiped it looks like... anyway, determined that tcpip.sys was corrupt and replaced it with a good copy from my machine. Same OS and such... boots up fine and dandy, all better... mostly, now the fun!

Once I get it booted up I start checking a few things here and there and running SaS, all good. Until Sas gets to the tcpip.sys file and then we have a complete system lock. Locked up tighter than a tick! No getting into task manager ... nothing. So, power button held and rebooted after the forced shutdown. Tried it again and same result ... scanned it with Malwarebytes, sorry, and it scanned it fine so wondering the obvious... what's the issue here.

Windows 7 likes my tcpip.sys replacement, that other scanner is okay with it ... internet connection is fine, so what's the issue with SaS???

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ruminations....

~ Paul

Hello Abhoth! have you tried un-installing and re-installing SaS? and if that doesn't work, if you are 100% sure that the tcpip.sys file is okay, I suggest adding it as an exception to SaS's exclusions, this way it doesn't scan it, and no more lock ups.