Buddahfan

SAS Pro 5.0.1128 and W8 DP Build 8102

In W8 DP Action Center------Security and I would imagine it will also be in W8 RTM there are two separate lines one for Anti-Virus and one for Spyware.

SAS Pro 5.0.1128 does not show up under Spyware. I know because I just looked on my netbook with W8 DP installed and it was not there. However other anti-spyware and anti-virus programs that are on the computer; i.e., IMF, Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials show up.

It should be noted that SAS Pro 5.0.1128 appears to work just fine without any problems on the netbook x32 W8 DP computer.

In W8 DP Action Center------Security and I would imagine it will also be in W8 RTM there are two separate lines one for Anti-Virus and one for Spyware.

SAS Pro 5.0.1128 does not show up under Spyware. I know because I just looked on my netbook with W8 DP installed and it was not there. However other anti-spyware and anti-virus programs that are on the computer; i.e., IMF, Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials show up.

It should be noted that SAS Pro 5.0.1128 appears to work just fine without any problems on the netbook x32 W8 DP computer.

hello Buddhafan! I have the same thing with even windows vista Home Premium SP2, but nothing you can really do about it I believe, even in Win7 it did the same thing with Malwarebytes pro, and spybot S&D, it seems windows does not detect programs like SAS and Mbam is anti-spyware, even though they very much ARE! but I think that is a problem on Microsofts end, not SAS, though if SAS can do something about it, it would be GREAT!

hello Buddhafan! I have the same thing with even windows vista Home Premium SP2, but nothing you can really do about it I believe, even in Win7 it did the same thing with Malwarebytes pro, and spybot S&D, it seems windows does not detect programs like SAS and Mbam is anti-spyware, even though they very much ARE! but I think that is a problem on Microsofts end, not SAS, though if SAS can do something about it, it would be GREAT!

Windows 8 DP detects IObit Malware Fighter under Spyware programs. Lets not get into a discussion about IObit. 8)