Sign in to follow this  
CptSquirrel

av guard online

I have a virus on my computer called "av guard online"

every time i try to run SUPERAntiSpyware or any antispyware or malware program to scan for the virus it stops the scan and shuts it down after about 10 seconds.

then when i try to run the the program again it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall SUPERAntiSpyware, run the online scanner, and portable scanner. Nothing works....

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I had exactly the same problem with Microsoft Security Essentials. My files were gone and I couldn't run any anti malware program. It was like bam! I get hit with this Av guard online. Not sure how I got this virus but I guess it was one of those sites about Steve Jobs. I've read a good story about this great man on yahoo and then went to not so well known website (they had many good photos and videos). However, don't recall installing anything except the flash player update or something. Maybe it was a virus? I still have a copy of this file in Downloads folder, I can send it to you guys or give a link where I can upload it. While I was able to unhide all the files, MSE would stop working. Thankfully, I found this blogspot blog and their post about the virus http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-remove-av-guard-online-uninstall.html

Scroll down to the "Manual AV Guard Online removal guide".

1. Right-click on AV Guard Online icon and select Properties. Then select Shortcut tab.

The location of the malware is in the Target box.

2. In our case the malicious file was located in C:\Windows\System32 folder. Select the malicious file, rename it and change a file name extension.

Mine was TfjJ25D84JrhFrk.exe. I renamed it to virus.vir (I changed file extension too!) and rebooted my computer. After a reboot the virus was gone. It's easy and it works! I downloaded SUPERAntispyware as recommend on blogspot blog and ran a full system scan. Super antispyware found and removed 10 files, 2 of them were trojans or something. I just hope this won't happen again. Cheers!