utalice

SAS Using 100% of CPU

Since the past couple of days, my SAS has been using 100% of my processor and I've had to end the SAS process in order to use my computer. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. My version of SAS is 5.0.1128 Core 7764 Trace 5576 10/4/2011. I have the paid Professional version (Lifetime).

When it does this, if I look in the "Show Hidden Icons" section of the Windows Tray, it's not there as it normally is when it's running.

Is anyone else having this problem and what should I do to stop it from freezing up my system?

Thank you. *=)

Since the past couple of days, my SAS has been using 100% of my processor and I've had to end the SAS process in order to use my computer. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. My version of SAS is 5.0.1128 Core 7764 Trace 5576 10/4/2011. I have the paid Professional version (Lifetime).

When it does this, if I look in the "Show Hidden Icons" section of the Windows Tray, it's not there as it normally is when it's running.

Is anyone else having this problem and what should I do to stop it from freezing up my system?

Thank you. *=)

gettin same error here to

Hi utalice.

I suggest you note your product key and uninstall SAS with this tool: https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47

Following that, reinstall SAS from the home site.

I've not experienced this problem since I posted here last, so I have not uninstalled the program.

But, something that I just noticed this morning that I've not seen before is that I'm getting a long string (87234c26-8636-4077-8404-73425bf5909a.com) listed as a Process running in my Task Manager and it's description is SuperAntiSpyware. Is this something new? Do I need to post this as a new topic?

I've not experienced this problem since I posted here last, so I have not uninstalled the program.

But, something that I just noticed this morning that I've not seen before is that I'm getting a long string (87234c26-8636-4077-8404-73425bf5909a.com) listed as a Process running in my Task Manager and it's description is SuperAntiSpyware. Is this something new? Do I need to post this as a new topic?

utalice, this process string sounds suspicious! it could be a piece of malware disguising itself as a SaS process, I use the professionakl edition and I see no such process on my machine, you may wish to use the SaS threat change, here is the link: http://mcaf.ee/1lk93 further more, you should also download malwarebytes and scan with that www.malwarebytes.org I hope this helps you find out what this process is!