wlpatch

IDENTICAL COOKIES WITH MANDATORT SAS REBOOTS

SUPERANTISPYWARE PRO IDENTIFYING IDENTICAL MALWARE/SPYWARE/ADWARE AND MORE ON EACH SCAN, ALL REQUIRING A MANDATORY SAS REBOOT FOR REMOVAL OF THREATS:

On one (1) of my nine (9) home computers, all utilizing SAS PRO, Windows 7 - Ultimate, 32 bit and/or 64 bit, with CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and new 2012 Norton Security Suite, the one (1) computer is constantly identifying the same, if not additional malware/spyware/adware on each reboot and scan. Moreover, ALL require a SAS MANDATORY REBOOT in order to remove potentially hazardous threats.

This started on September 27, 2011 when Windows Update automatically download a September 27, 2011 "Malicious Tool Remover" and "Windows Defender Definition" update. Very unusual for Windows to update a "Malicious Tool Remover" dated September 27, 2011, so late in the month, when the "Malicious Tool Remover" is normally updated and downloaded during the second Tuesday of each new month with that months "Malicious Tool Remover".

Diagnostic report requested and submitted to engineers at SAS and currently under investigation.

Any other SAS users with identical issues? If so, I would add a reply, and if you have any suggestions to correct situation, you're more than welcome.

Thank you.

ADDENDUM: EFFECTIVE: OCTOBER 01, 2011. THIS SAME IDENTICAL ISSUE HAS NOW SPREAD AND SHOWED UP ON FOUR (4) OF MY OTHER HOME COMPUTERS ALL RUNNING SAS PRO. ALL REQUIRE A MANDATORY SAS REBOOT IN ORDER TO REMOVE POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS THREATS.

Since original report on September 21, 2011, where this issue was mainly confined to one (1) of my nine (9) home computers, all running SAS PRO, this identical issue has now SPREAD to FOUR (4) of my other home computers from time to time. Not as persistent, as far as constantly identifying same spyware/malware/adware, but due require a MANDATORY SAS REBOOT in order to remove potentially hazardous threats.

It appears that other SAS customers have been experiencing these same identical issues as reported, to include under "FALSE POSITIVES" in SAS Forums.

SAS Technical support should issue a bulletin to SAS PRO subscribers of this known issue and a rememdy is being worked on.

I'm running SAS pro on W7 64 bit with a similar problem, there are 2 tracking cookies constantly reappearing. Any ideas to remove them? Both webtrendslive & reappearing on an immediate scan after reboot.

Hi PamJade ,

Clear your browsers cache, you can do this quickly by holding Shift+Ctrl and tapping Delete, a box will pop up and you can select what you want to remove.

Addditionaly you can download Ccleaner free version to see how you get on : http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download shut down your browser and run CCleaner you may be surprised at how much it removes.

Thanks for the reply,

I had CCleaner installed so I cleared cache and ran that, then ran SAS pro, rebooted and ran it again... they're still there! I think I need to apply to a freindly geek to dissect it, this one is beyond me. Luckily I can call on one, I just hate not trying myself first. TYVM for replying though