jomin1016

Repeated Cookies found

Not sure if this is the correct forum, as I am not completely sure they are actually "false positives", but I am having a problem, I suppose, getting rid of cookies. I run SAS scan, it detects anywhere between 45 - 87 adware tracking cookies. I complete the scan, "removing the cookies" and instantly run the scan again, only to find that it detects more cookies....I know some of them are the same ones, however not sure if they are all the same ones. I have repeated the scan at least 4 - 5 times, back to back, however, SAS continues to detect these cookies. Is SAS not properly removing them, or is there some program or file that keeps replacing them? I have always depended on SAS for removing spyware and trojans, as I have always found it to be very reliable, but this situation has me a bit puzzled. If anyone can offer some suggestions or advice, please do.

IDENTICAL ISSUES BEING IDENTIFIED - REPEATED COOKIES - MANDATORY REBOOTS

I too have been experiencing the same issue on one (1) of my nine (9) home computers, all running Windows 7 - Ultimate, 32 bit or 64 bit, CCleaner, 2012 Norton Security Suite, and Malwarebytes.

Same, and if not more adware/malware/spyware being identified repeatedly after reboots and SuperAntiSpyware scans, ALL requiring a MANDATORY REBOOT by SuperAntiSpyware to remove hazardous items identified.

A diagnostic report was sent to engineers at SuperAntiSpyware for determination of what is possibly causing this issue which started approximately on September 27. 2011. when Windows Update automatically downloaded a September 27, 2011 Malicious Tool Remover (Scan), along with an update to Windows Defender definitions.

Any suggestions as to the cause and course of correction would be appreciated.

IDENTICAL ISSUES BEING IDENTIFIED - REPEATED COOKIES - MANDATORY REBOOTS

I too have been experiencing the same issue on one (1) of my nine (9) home computers, all running Windows 7 - Ultimate, 32 bit or 64 bit, CCleaner, 2012 Norton Security Suite, and Malwarebytes.

Same, and if not more adware/malware/spyware being identified repeatedly after reboots and SuperAntiSpyware scans, ALL requiring a MANDATORY REBOOT by SuperAntiSpyware to remove hazardous items identified.

A diagnostic report was sent to engineers at SuperAntiSpyware for determination of what is possibly causing this issue which started approximately on September 27. 2011. when Windows Update automatically downloaded a September 27, 2011 Malicious Tool Remover (Scan), along with an update to Windows Defender definitions.

Any suggestions as to the cause and course of correction would be appreciated.

I havent had any mandatory reboots, but each time I run the scan, back to back with no other activity going on on my XP PC, it finds more "spyware"

ADDENDUM TO IDENTICAL ADWARE/MALWARE/SPYWARE BEING IDENTIFIED IN SAS PRO SCANS, ALL REQUIRING MANDANDORY SAS REBOOT TO REMOVE POTENIONALLY HAZZRDOUS THREATS - NOW SHOWING UP ON ADDITIONAL HOME COMPUTERS ALL RUNNING SAS PRO:

As of October 01, 2011, this identical persistent issue has now started showing up on four (4) of my other home computers, all running SAS PRO. Although may not show upn same computer after one time, will appear on other home computers now all running Windows 7 - Ulitimate, 32 or 64 bit.

This issue appears to be spreading and more widespread with other SAS users experiencing identical issues.

SAS Technical Support seriously needs to investigate this widespread problematic issue.

ADDENDUM TO IDENTICAL ADWARE/MALWARE/SPYWARE BEING IDENTIFIED IN SAS PRO SCANS, ALL REQUIRING MANDANDORY SAS REBOOT TO REMOVE POTENIONALLY HAZZRDOUS THREATS - NOW SHOWING UP ON ADDITIONAL HOME COMPUTERS ALL RUNNING SAS PRO:

As of October 01, 2011, this identical persistent issue has now started showing up on four (4) of my other home computers, all running SAS PRO. Although may not show upn same computer after one time, will appear on other home computers now all running Windows 7 - Ulitimate, 32 or 64 bit.

This issue appears to be spreading and more widespread with other SAS users experiencing identical issues.

SAS Technical Support seriously needs to investigate this widespread problematic issue.

Just a note: - I am not runing SAS Pro, I have the free version. Also, repeated scans with trend micro do not reveal any adware. Although, this was the original reason I started using SAS years ago.....