Daveski17

SAS Version : 5.0.1128?

I have noticed that a new version of SAS (SAS Version : 5.0.1128) is on your homepage but I still have 5.0.1118. Usually I get a prompt pop-up over the systems tray when a new version is released. I've been using SAS for three years & this has normally always been the case. Do I need to update manually? If so do I uninstall the old version first or can I download 'over the top' of the older version?

Dave

Hi Dave,

As it didn't show up through the updates, I installed this latest version manually "over the top". You only have to uninstall in case of a major update (i.e. version 4 to 5), but not for updates ("builts") whithin a version (minor update).

Hope this helps ...

if I have activated automatically install software updates, why not do it now? still have not received notification about new versions and always showed before the notice in the version 4.

if I have activated automatically install software updates, why not do it now? still have not received notification about new versions and always showed before the notice in the version 4.

Hi miguelgrado,

In the updates preferences, there are 2 settings concerning the application updates :

- "automatically install application updates" (the one you have checked)

- "periodically check for application updates" which is the setting showing a notification window when a new version is available; did you check the box near this setting ?

Hi Dave,

As it didn't show up through the updates, I installed this latest version manually "over the top". You only have to uninstall in case of a major update (i.e. version 4 to 5), but not for updates ("builts") whithin a version (minor update).

Hope this helps ...

OK, thanks for the answer. I'll hang on for a couple of days & see what happens.

The updates go out a day or so after it's posted live on the site, as to not flood our update servers.

Yeah, thanks. That explains it. I think I was just panicking for no reason, SAS is pretty dependable for upgrading. I've always had a lot of faith in it, ever since it found a trojan on my notebook that my AV missed.