Sign in to follow this  
Jormungandr

Corrupted SAS?

Currently, I'm using SAS4.34.1000 on Windows XP SP3. As far as I can remember, I've had this version for well over a year. Over the past few months, I've noticed it takes a while to do updates. If I have something running, such as Firefox, it can take 5-10 mins to install an update. Just now, it actually locked up my computer and I had to do a restart. It will do an update quickly if nothing else is running. Also, I've noticed SAS 5.0.1108 is now out. Yet, when I use the update button on the SAS icon in the system tray, it will do definitions updates, but not new versions. Previously, I remember it doing version updates. So, this makes wonder if SAS has become corrupted. If so, can I do a simple uninstall and re-install or is a special uninstaller needed? Additionally, I noticed the current version is having problems with IE and you'll be releasing a fix. When will this update version be available?

4.34 is a very old version. You should definitely update to the newest version. The fix for the cookie issue in in our current pre-release. Download the pre-release and install over the current version you have. It will uninstall the previous version and install the new version.

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

I'm confused. I went to the page and read this:

"Important : You MUST uninstall any previous version before installing this version."

So, do I uninstall the old version or not?

So, do I uninstall the old version or not?

Hi,

In this case, you should uninstall because it's a major update (version 4 to 5); within a same version (minor update) you may install "over the top" or through the internal program updates.

Hope this helps ...