Buddahfan

SAS Professional and Windows 8 Developer Preview

I had Netbook lying around with Windows 7 SP1 x32 on it along with SAS Professional and various other programs. I was not using the Netbook.

I decided to put the Netbook to use by installing Windows 8 Developer Preview on it.

Any idea when I may be able to safely install SAS Professional on this Netbook with the W8 OS?

Thanks 8)

I had Netbook lying around with Windows 7 SP1 x32 on it along with SAS Professional and various other programs. I was not using the Netbook.

I decided to put the Netbook to use by installing Windows 8 Developer Preview on it.

Any idea when I may be able to safely install SAS Professional on this Netbook with the W8 OS?

Thanks 8)

We've installed SUPERAntiSpyware on the Windows 8 developer preview and everything appears to be working as it should. Obviously there is no "Metro UI", so it operates like all other "desktop mode" software. Be sure to come back and let everyone know your experience. Windows 8 seems to be fairly polarizing - either you love it or you hate it. I'm excited to see how it evolves.

Until Windows 8 is closer to release, we won't be able to allocate much in the way of testing - since the OS is a moving target at this point. My hope is to have a "Metro" UI for SAS when Windows 8 is released, but it's too early to know how everything will interact.

We've installed SUPERAntiSpyware on the Windows 8 developer preview and everything appears to be working as it should. Obviously there is no "Metro UI", so it operates like all other "desktop mode" software. Be sure to come back and let everyone know your experience. Windows 8 seems to be fairly polarizing - either you love it or you hate it. I'm excited to see how it evolves.

Until Windows 8 is closer to release, we won't be able to allocate much in the way of testing - since the OS is a moving target at this point. My hope is to have a "Metro" UI for SAS when Windows 8 is released, but it's too early to know how everything will interact.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I concur that everything appears to be working as it should. SAS caught some Adware on the W8 computer and handled it properly.

Just me, but I don't have a tablet or desktop that allows for touch screen interaction so I am just fine with testing W8 and playing around with it on my no longer so dusty netbook :lol:

If I purchase a tablet it won't be until after W8 is RTM. :-D