Sign in to follow this  
Somethngcreative

Superanti Spyware Crashes on restart

Hi,

I've had this problem for awhile now, it doesn't really bother me but I do find it a little bit weird and would like to know an answer or solution as to why it happens. The problem is that anytime that I restart my computer it will give me a message that Superantispyware(free version) has crashed and needs to close so I am always forced to press the end now button.

I was thinking that it might have something to do with my Antivirus (Avast 6 Internet Security + Mbam Pro) but I'm not sure... Also while were at it, is it safe to add the Superantispyware pro version with my current set up of Avast 6 IS and Mbam Pro? Thanks!

SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to run with other anti-malware and anti-virus applications. You should have no problems running it with MBAM and Avast.

What you're seeing on Windows shutdown is most likely not SAS crashing. When Windows shuts down it informs other applications to shut down. If this doesn't happen fast enough, Windows will display the error box that you're seeing. We have been unable to reproduce this on any in-house system. When this occurs, what happens if you don't tell windows to terminate the application? Does Windows eventually shut down?

SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to run with other anti-malware and anti-virus applications. You should have no problems running it with MBAM and Avast.

What you're seeing on Windows shutdown is most likely not SAS crashing. When Windows shuts down it informs other applications to shut down. If this doesn't happen fast enough, Windows will display the error box that you're seeing. We have been unable to reproduce this on any in-house system. When this occurs, what happens if you don't tell windows to terminate the application? Does Windows eventually shut down?

The issue is with start up, not shut down ;)

Have you made any changes to the system since this:

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/5155-what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-sas-free/page__p__23521__fromsearch__1#entry23521

The end now button would only come up on windows shutdown or if the application stopped responding to windows messages. We need more clarification on the circumstances of the problem.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the answers. However, I seemed to have fixed the problem inadvertently when I did the following:

1. I installed the latest updates from Windows Updates

2. I deleted old versions of Java

3. I updated Macromedia Flash player and Active X

4. I deleted Google toolbar for internet explorer

5. I deleted Eset Online Scanner

6. I deleted Mcafee Site Advisor

I don't know which of these steps allowed me to inadvertently fix the problem but I just tried restarting 3 times to see if I still get the problem but I don't get the "end now" message anymore. Why do I always get the weirdest problems lol. :( .

Ok, I figured out the culprit! :D.

I realize now that superantispyware will only crash when I wake up my windows xp laptop from sleep mode. I've done this twice now and I get the end now button. Everytime I wake up my computer from sleep and do a restart I will get the end now button. But if I shut down my computer nornally and do a restart It works just fine. So that leads me to believe that sleep mode on my laptop is the sole culprit!