Sign in to follow this  
rotund

Another "Can't update definitions" thread

Using the free, latest version here and I can't seem to get the definitions to update.

Running SAS on a computer that is not connected to the Internet.

I have tried several times now and when I launch the updater it runs and says that the definitions have indeed been updated. But when I restart SAS it says they are not updated and shows the old date.

Please, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I have searched and searched and tried one suggestion I came across, "unchecking the lan settings in IE"

No change...

But as I said this computer isn't even connected to anything internet.

Thanks in advance,

randy

Welcome to the SAS forum.

I don't think I understand your question.

You're saying SAS won't update, but the computer isn't connected to the internet???

Using the free, latest version here and I can't seem to get the definitions to update.

Running SAS on a computer that is not connected to the Internet.

I have tried several times now and when I launch the updater it runs and says that the definitions have indeed been updated. But when I restart SAS it says they are not updated and shows the old date.

Please, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I have searched and searched and tried one suggestion I came across, "unchecking the lan settings in IE"

No change...

But as I said this computer isn't even connected to anything internet.

Thanks in advance,

randy

You need a internet connection to update SAS

I'm doing the manual update procedure, for computers that aren't connected to the internet.

As I understand it, you download the sas definitions file and take it the computer without the connection and execute the file. It seems to work...says it works...but it doesn't.

I found this info on the SAS website. See below.

"Manual Definition Updates

If you would like to manually update your definitions simply exit SUPERAntiSpyware, then click the "Download" link here. Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to run the installer. Once the installation is complete, you must exit and restart SUPERAntiSpyware for the new definitions to be active."

So, is this not possible without a connection?

Is there no way to update the definitions without a connection?

Thanks.

At this time, the SAS manual definition updater doesn't update the "last update" time in SAS. A more accurate way to tell if your definitions have been updated would be to check the definition version. Let me know if you are still having a problem updating.

I've just done it min's ago!

Used an SD card in my backup laptop and down loaded (from the site above this one when you search for "can't update superantispyware" with Google. Choose the manual option and download it.

I then dragged it to my open SD card and copied it.

Remove the SD card and put it in the problematic computer.

Open it and run it!

I had SAS open when I did this, it asked me to close it, which I did. Definitions are now 38 minutes old!