Sign in to follow this  
plasticidol

Free Edition to Professional Subscription

Hi, I've been using the Free Edition for a year or so and I recently bought a year of Professional SAS. I am running version 4.44.1000. I have Norton NIS also. I have Windows 7 64bit and use IE.

I am having trouble scanning for new definitions. It says something about a firewall not allowing internet access to SAS. The Free version never had this problem. Thanks

Hello.

You're using a very old version of SAS. Note your product key and use this uninstall tool: https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47

Re-install the latest version from the home site, and add SAS as a firewall exception to NIS.

Thanks for the reply. I was somehow under the impression that SAS's free version automatically updated to new versions.

Uninstall went well. I loaded V5.0.1108 with no problem. The problem I'm faced with now is I don't have a registration number. When I bought the 1yr. PRO version and I saw that it still showed V4.44.1000 and there was no registration number anywhere. Am I out $10 or can SAS service get involved and fix it?

The Pro trial will work for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, have a look here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=16

Thanks dude. Everything you suggested worked great! My computer is actually faster using this newest version compared to the very old version I was using. Was worried when I read some people here complaining about how slow their computers were with the latest version.