Sign in to follow this  
Madeline

Query about database updates on Version 5

I like the new version very much, particularly the fact that updates now need to be downloaded only once to appear on each user account, which is great with my slow connection.

However, I've noticed that if my husband opens SAS to scan, it will tell him that he hasn't checked for updates for xx days; this is despite the fact that I may have updated earlier the same day and the defs are up to date. If he then checks for updates, he's told that the program is up to date!

What's the point of this? OK, technically the notification is correct since a check wasn't carried out by that user, but it's a minor irritation all the same. Is this likely to be changed some time please?

I apologise if this has been asked before, but I haven't seen this question on here.

Madeline

I've dealt with this by unticking "Notify me if I have not checked for definition updates...." on my husband's account since he doesn't use the PC as much as I do.

This notification facility would make a lot more sense if the program recognised that updates have been checked for, regardless of which user did so.

Madeline