Sign in to follow this  
iroc9555

The way SAS looks at cookies after last MTU

Hi guys.

After last Microsoft Tuesday update and the new way for IE to ID cookies, SAS only named them as IE ( Random numbers & letters ) making it difficult to know which cookies SAS is detecting. Some one knows if SAS team is working in a way to name cookies back again the right way like CCleaner does.

Thank you.

It seems no one knows if SAS team is working on a way to read the cookies in English. If my first post did not make sence, let me explain. SAS always finds adware cookies when scanning. Before las Microsoft Tuesday update, I could read and know the cookies I will remove. Now it is impossible because Microsoft coded the cookies with numbers and letters. See screenshot. However CCleaner found a way to still show the cookies name as before. See screenshot, and Win Patrol is working on it so that the user can read the cookies the right way.

Does any one know if SAS team is working on it ?

post-14621-0-17304400-1315336119_thumb.jpg

post-14621-0-17867400-1315336143_thumb.jpg

hi,SAS pro is finding no adware cookies at all on my pc since v5 and very few before that after May this year .before that v4 found dozens every day.

I am using home Vista ,Firefox with Noscript and avast free.My internet searching etc. hasn't changed.

Regs Mike B

We have found and fixed an issue with the cookie detection. This fix will be in the next release. We also added the information about what site the cookie came from in the detection window.

We have found and fixed an issue with the cookie detection. This fix will be in the next release. We also added the information about what site the cookie came from in the detection window.

Nighthawkext.

Thank you for answering.

When you say " next release ", are you talking about new version program ?

Thank you again.