Crentist

Is SuperAntiSpyware Professional supposed to be detected by Windows 7 as an antivirus

Is SuperAntiSpyware Professional supposed to be detected by Windows 7 as an antivirus? Windows Action Center states that I don't have an antivirus installed even if SAS Pro is installed and real-time protection is running (I uninstalled my previous antivirus and restarted computer before installing SAS Pro). I am using 64-bit Windows 7.

Hi.

Although SAS detects a lot of malware that is erroneously labeled as "viruses", SAS isn't an Antivirus program.

For a paid antivirus, I recommend Eset Node32, and for a free one, Avast.

Although SAS detects a lot of malware that is erroneously labeled as "viruses", SAS isn't an Antivirus program.

I see.

What I'm trying to know with this post though, is if Windows considers SAS Pro as an "antivirus". I mean, SAS has an "Integrate with Vista Security Center" option which is activated in my SAS installation, but Windows still does not detect that SAS is running. Is it expected for Windows to not detect SAS like this (screenshot):

sastemp.png

That's expected for the virus protection warning.

SAS has submitted the paperwork to Microsoft to be recognized as an antispyware program, but I don't know what came of it.

Hopefully, SAS staff will comment.

That's expected for the virus protection warning.

SAS has submitted the paperwork to Microsoft to be recognized as an antispyware program, but I don't know what came of it.

Hopefully, SAS staff will comment.

What about in your case? Does Windows behave the same as mine?