geokilla

Stuck at Authenticating When Doing Definition Updates

I'm using the pro version of SUPERAntiSpyware v5 and when I'm trying to do definition updates, nothing happens. It just gets stuck at authenticating connection. I try closing the update but it doesn't close, forcing me to close the program via Task Manager. It's not like the program crashed and froze or anything. This is happening on all my PCs too, not just mine.

Welcome to the SAS forum.

1) Did you use any uninstaller tool before you installed V5?

2) What other real time security is on the other computers? I ask as it sounds like a firewall or antivirus may be blocking SAS.

I'm using the pro version of SUPERAntiSpyware v5 and when I'm trying to do definition updates, nothing happens. It just gets stuck at authenticating connection. I try closing the update but it doesn't close, forcing me to close the program via Task Manager. It's not like the program crashed and froze or anything. This is happening on all my PCs too, not just mine.

We are aware that the update window "forces" you to complete the update before it will continue - this is somewhat by design because cancelling during an update could cause problems (just like how Windows tells you not to power off while it's updating). We are working on more elegant ways to cancel the process though.

As for the root of the problem, if you are stuck on authenticating there may be an issue with your Internet connection or Firewall/Router. It's also possible you happen to be checking while our server was under an unusually high load and it's just taking a while to respond. Has this been happening regularly or all within a small time period?

Welcome to the SAS forum.

1) Did you use any uninstaller tool before you installed V5?

2) What other real time security is on the other computers? I ask as it sounds like a firewall or antivirus may be blocking SAS.

Yep I used the uninstaller. I also have Kaspersky Internet Security and a DD-WRT router. That's it. Nothing has changed from when I was using V4.

We are aware that the update window "forces" you to complete the update before it will continue - this is somewhat by design because cancelling during an update could cause problems (just like how Windows tells you not to power off while it's updating). We are working on more elegant ways to cancel the process though.

As for the root of the problem, if you are stuck on authenticating there may be an issue with your Internet connection or Firewall/Router. It's also possible you happen to be checking while our server was under an unusually high load and it's just taking a while to respond. Has this been happening regularly or all within a small time period?

Well it gets stuck at authenticating for hours. I left it on overnight before and when I woke up the next day, it was still still at that screen. Couldn't find any definition updates or anything.

1) How many computers is this happening on, and do they they all run Kaspersky?

2) Has someone manually configured your router or computers to use a proxy or any other IP setting?

1) How many computers is this happening on, and do they they all run Kaspersky?

2) Has someone manually configured your router or computers to use a proxy or any other IP setting?

On two of my computers that I tried using v5 on. I'll try again with Kaspersky disabled and see if it makes a difference.

No only I know how to configure the router. And I sure didn't change any router settings.