Bytes

Tracking Cookies

Some have assembler code embedded in them! You can use a HEX editor to 'look' at it and a DEBUGGER to 'see' what it does.

Addendum:

If you have too much time on your hands, then you can use an ASSEMBLER to modify the code to screw with the servers that it reports to.

Let me know how that works out.

Edited by bob_deloach

Tracking cookies are clearly labeled as such in the scan results. Many consder tracking one's website activity an invasion of privacy.

They are also clearly labeled as Threats on the GUI "Threats Found"

That is the standard eicar test file, meant to be a .bat .exe .com type file for Anti Virus testing. Some Anti Malware products do not consider .txt files as threats therefore won't pick it up as such. All your link proved to me is that there are a lot of uninformed people that do not understand how their security APPS work.

That is the standard eicar test file, meant to be a .bat .exe .com type file for Anti Virus testing. Some Anti Malware products do not consider .txt files as threats therefore won't pick it up as such. All your link proved to me is that there are a lot of uninformed people that do not understand how their security APPS work.

IT'S A TEXT FILE!!!

I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

If you like, you can learn to use a DEBUGGER and prove to yourself that assembler code can be embedded in ANY TEXT FILE.

IT'S A TEXT FILE!!!

I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

If you like, you can learn to use a DEBUGGER and prove to yourself that assembler code can be embedded in ANY TEXT FILE.

I never said you were trying to prove anything. And no thanks.... I was debugging code long long time ago. Don't care if it is embedded in txt; it is not executable.