RNN

Bugs in SAS 5.0

Hi,

When I enter to the program I get a message that i dont update the program for 14 days.

There is a box which enable to turn off the definition updates reminders, bus when I mark it there is no change.

Another situation is when i exit the program it's ask if I sure that I want to exit and again, I marked the box to not show this message and I still get this message.

I already re-installed the software and downloaded it several times from the official site.

Hope you will fix it soon,

Thanks.

post-14456-0-67545200-1313433070_thumb.png

post-14456-0-20124800-1313433080_thumb.png

Hi,

When I enter to the program I get a message that i dont update the program for 14 days.

There is a box which enable to turn off the definition updates reminders, bus when I mark it there is no change.

Another situation is when i exit the program it's ask if I sure that I want to exit and again, I marked the box to not show this message and I still get this message.

I already re-installed the software and downloaded it several times from the official site.

Hope you will fix it soon,

Thanks.

Try downloading the setup again from our website and reinstall with it. Let us know if that fixes the problem.

Try downloading the setup again from our website and reinstall with it. Let us know if that fixes the problem.

I've already tried it.

I even remove the software with Revo Uninstaller to delete the remnant registry values of the software.

It's still doing the same problem...

Hello,

I'm new here, actually I registered because I have the exact same problem (sorry, don't mean to high-jack someone else's thread) and the post I made about it on the Wilders Security Forums got no reply.

Here's a copy from that post:

Hello,

Here's a weird situation.

I have SAS v.5.0.1116 free on Win XP Home 32bit (desktop) and SAS v.5.0.1118 free on Win XP Pro 32bit (laptop).

The first one keeps my prefered settings just fine. The second one though gives me trouble, as none of the changes I make to the default settings stay; at every start up, SAS goes by the default settings. For example:

Unticked the "Show splash screen on startup", ticked the "Don't show this message again" in the exit confirmation screen, ticked "Terminate memory threats before quarantining", unticked "Ignore files larger than 4MB".

I even changed the Scan Mode, yet it reverts back to "Quick Scan".

I've uninstalled it using the SAS Uninstaller (so did the reboot) and clean installed it again, twice so far to no avail, still the same behavior.

Some help, please.

TA

EDIT

I just tried v.5.0.1116 on the Win XP Pro 32bit, installing it for current user and for all users, with the same results.

Another thing I noticed is that on the Win XP Pro 32bit machine I'm offered a newer version while on the Win XP Home 32bit machine I'm not.

What gives?

That was a few days ago. In the mean time:

1. I succesfully updated to v.5.0.1118 from within SAS on the Win XP Home 32bit machine and preferences stick.

2. I reinstalled v.5.0.1118 on the Win XP Pro 32bit laptop (after clean unistalling the previous version), changed preferences - again the same.

3. Booted into Safe Mode with Administrator Account, changed preferences - sticked for as long as I was in Safe Mode, the moment I rebooted into Normal Mode of my User Account (which has administrative rights) problem's back.

4. Booted into Safe Mode with my User Account (which has administrative rights) changed preferences - same results as in Normal Mode.

Now, Seth mentioned (in another similar thread as well) that:

a program that prevents certain registry changes.

but I've looked high and low in the registry (on both machines) and couldn't find anything related to SAS preferences - maybe I missed the entries, so kindly point me to the right direction. Plus, I compared all SAS entries and couldn't find any differences.

Both machines run Avast free with the same settings. Laptop doesn't run any other programs in real time, is on Windows Firewall and Spybot - Search & Destroy is not installed.

So, if you could provide some logical explanation and help, it will be very much appreciated.

If you need any more info, glad to provide it (though laptop has a very basic/normal setup).

TA

P.S.

FWIW, I also succesfully updated to v.5.0.1118 from within SAS on a Win7 Home Premium 64bit laptop.

Hi sry for jumping on the thread, but similar problems here. First let me say I've been a happy SAS user for years.

While I'm succesfuly running SAS 5.0.1118 on Vista sp2 and XP sp2, I have problems with a friends pc that I'm trying to fix for him. He's running XP sp3 and some old SAS which I uninstalled and installed the latest. The new SAS simply won't save any settings of any kind, with every new start it's back to default and also keeps warning that the core is outdated by 60+ days. To top it off 95% of the time it reboots the pc as soon as I begin a full scan.

I'm pondering what could be causing this, I've tried numerous installs reinstalls, tried cleaning the registry manually of anything I could find related to SAS. I've scanned and rescanned with all free tools and online scanners I could think of. There seem to be no problems so I think I can rule out any kind of "virus" that could be causing this.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Any thoughts on this issue yet? I would really like to configure SAS on my friend's pc before I return it to him. He's rather computer illiterate and I want to set it up so he just updates and scans without having to change settings all the time.