silkphoenix

Scan Log

When I was using V4 I was able to remove the threads manually. After I upgraded to V5, the results window did not show up even I have UNCHECKED "Quarantine and remove infected files without prompting" option in Preferences. Is that normal? Would I be able to delete the infected files manually anymore?

Below is my Scan Log, it said 380 File Threats detected, but were they removed? I went to Manage Quarantine option and only two files were shown there.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/15/2011 at 04:25 AM

Application Version : 5.0.1108

Core Rules Database Version : 7561

Trace Rules Database Version: 5373

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 02:24:12

Operating System Information

Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit, Service Pack 3 (Build 5.01.2600)

Administrator

Memory items scanned : 548

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 40321

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 67383

File threats detected : 380

Unquote.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

When I was using V4 I was able to remove the threads manually. After I upgraded to V5, the results window did not show up even I have UNCHECKED "Quarantine and remove infected files without prompting" option in Preferences. Is that normal? Would I be able to delete the infected files manually anymore?

Below is my Scan Log, it said 380 File Threats detected, but were they removed? I went to Manage Quarantine option and only two files were shown there.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/15/2011 at 04:25 AM

Application Version : 5.0.1108

Core Rules Database Version : 7561

Trace Rules Database Version: 5373

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 02:24:12

Operating System Information

Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit, Service Pack 3 (Build 5.01.2600)

Administrator

Memory items scanned : 548

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 40321

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 67383

File threats detected : 380

Unquote.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

I've noticed a similar problem with scheduled scans.

When I initiate a scan, on completion a screen appears which lists the detections (normally tracking cookies) and allows their deletion.

With a scheduled scan, a scan log is compiled and the scan closes, but the threats do not appear to be removed, at least its not listed in the log, and no dialogue box appears.

I've noticed a similar problem with scheduled scans.

When I initiate a scan, on completion a screen appears which lists the detections (normally tracking cookies) and allows their deletion.

With a scheduled scan, a scan log is compiled and the scan closes, but the threats do not appear to be removed, at least its not listed in the log, and no dialogue box appears.

I did another scan right after the above one because I thought the scheduled scanning didn't start since I didn't see the scan results as I normally do (which I should have checked the Scan Log first). The 2nd scan did not find any threats, and was clean. So it seems like the threats in the 1st scan did remove all the threats.

Any other comments would be appreciated.

You should still get the prompt with the results of the scan if you have the quarantine without prompting option unselected on the scheduled scan properties. I tried to reproduce the problem you encountered but was unable to. Could you have had more than one scheduled scan configured with one of them having the "without prompting" option enabled?

You should still get the prompt with the results of the scan if you have the quarantine without prompting option unselected on the scheduled scan properties. I tried to reproduce the problem you encountered but was unable to. Could you have had more than one scheduled scan configured with one of them having the "without prompting" option enabled?

I checked both the Schedule Settings in SAS as well as Windows TS, both of them only have one Scheduled Scanning listed. I have just upgraded to V5.0.1116 and have the scanning scheduled at 3am. I'll see what happened tomorrow and post my status here.

Thank you for your input.

Thanks Dave, your correct, that's exactly what had happened in my case.

I just want to post my latest status. I scheduled my complete scanning at 3am and have the "without prompting" UNCHECKED. When I went to check the result this morning, the report was on my screen and I was able to remove all the threats manually. So everything seems to be back to normal again.

Thank you for everybody's help here.

I just want to post my latest status. I scheduled my complete scanning at 3am and have the "without prompting" UNCHECKED. When I went to check the result this morning, the report was on my screen and I was able to remove all the threats manually. So everything seems to be back to normal again.

Thank you for everybody's help here.

Great! Please let us know if you have any further questions.