throkr

New option

Hi,

'Just updated from version 5.0.1116 to the latest 5.0.1118 and noticed the new option under "Preferences": "Disable bitmap backgrounds".

Can somebody tell me what this is for ? :blink:

Thanks !

(Running SAS Pro on Win7 SP1 x64 Professional).

Hi Bob,

The topic you're linking to concerns another option which has been included in version 5.0.1116 and works well.

Sorry, but my question still remains unanswered ... :blink:

Hi Bob,

The topic you're linking to concerns another option which has been included in version 5.0.1116 and works well.

I'm sorry Throkr,

it was a guess. But now that I've installed the 1118 ver and played with it, i'm still guessing what it does. I've booted and rebooted with it checked and unchecked; yet no background bitmaps disappear or reappear.

Hi Bob,

Hi Throkr,

I Just noticed it. It's real hard to see! It's the background 'watermark(1011)bitmap' in the main UI!!

Hi Throkr,

I Just noticed it. It's real hard to see! It's the background 'watermark(1011)bitmap' in the main UI!!

Thanks Bob,

Indeed : if checked, the main UI's background becomes grey; SAS has to be stopped & started again to see the change, what I didn't do before ... :rolleyes:

if checked, the main UI's background becomes grey; SAS has to be stopped & started again to see the change,

This is correct. It was added for enhanced visibility on high-contrast color schemes, or for anyone encountering display errors.