Sign in to follow this  
sly stone

THE NEW SAS PORTABLE YOU CAN'T UPDATE

I downloaded the new portable yesterday. In the past it did not matter how old the portble was, you could stil update it. Untill now. I downlaoded SAS portable version yesterday and it did a update. The version is 5.0.116 and data base is 7555. Today SAS will not provide a update key, it's there but you can't use it. It's indented. You can't do it yet the new data base is 7561? So I had to downlaod a new version which is a pain because I keep them or about a week and then upgrade. What is wrong? You could always update before, but it looks like not now. I just hope this is a error, because when you are under attack from a rogue virus sometimes you can't get on the internet. That's why i hold the portble version for about a week. Now it will be out of date in a day? I know other softwares do it that's why the SAS portble is great.

yeah what is going on with SAS. its one of my favorite tools :(

has updating suddenly become a paid portion of the program? i hope this will be corrected soon. before i could have two updates going by accident, now i cant update at all.

You can download the portable daily to receive the definition updates - there will be a paid technician version where you can update from within the program. The whole idea behind the portable is to use it when can't install the free edition and leave it on the machine. If you are a licensed technician we will have other tools for you (technicians edition).