azoth

virus found in SUPERantispyware

AVIRA gave me this message:

Starting the file scan:

Begin scan in 'F:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE'

F:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE

[DETECTION] Is the TR/Spy.Spatet.BC Trojan

[NOTE] The file was moved to the quarantine directory under the name '4c5f3f5c.qua'.

What is going on here ?

I thought SUPERAntispyware is safe ?

WoW i had the same problem as reported and reported it on the ariva forum where theyhad me send a sample to ariva and told me to go into quarentine and use the exceptions on the items from the scan. that did not work. I figured why go to the SAS forum when it's ariva that is the problem, But i did most of what was posted and it looks good. I thought i was going to have to change to avast. I was ready, giving ariva untill monday to fix the problem. Thanks, however I'm not sure everyone will be able

1. Again, in the "Configurations" panel, make sure there is a check in the "Expert Mode" box. 2. Go to: Scan > Scanner > Action on detection-3. Put a dot where it says, "Interactive", (NOT "Automatic"!). I don't have that feature so i couldn't do that. I just unchecked the guard on ariva untill i installed SAS and did the rest. A big thanks. :mrgreen:

WoW i had the same problem as reported and reported it on the ariva forum where theyhad me send a sample to ariva and told me to go into quarentine and use the exceptions on the items from the scan. that did not work. I figured why go to the SAS forum when it's ariva that is the problem, But i did most of what was posted and it looks good. I thought i was going to have to change to avast. I was ready, giving ariva untill monday to fix the problem. Thanks, however I'm not sure everyone will be able

1. Again, in the "Configurations" panel, make sure there is a check in the "Expert Mode" box. 2. Go to: Scan > Scanner > Action on detection-3. Put a dot where it says, "Interactive", (NOT "Automatic"!). I don't have that feature so i couldn't do that. I just unchecked the guard on ariva untill i installed SAS and did the rest. A big thanks. :mrgreen:

The latest SAS ver 5.0.1118 (not 5.0.1116) takes care of the problem where Avira and Comodo find SAS as malware.

Course, you may have to uninstall and dl the latest SAS (even though it says it is 5.0.1108, it actually is 5.0.1118.

When I tried the update feature with SASpro on Ver 1116, it would not find the newest version.

Buffalo4

PS: Happy that SAS took care of the problem.