RetiredGeek

Spy.Spatet.BC detected in Executable - Update Failed

When allowing the automatic update a few minutes ago, Avira AntiVir detected 'Spy.Spatet.BC' in SUPERAntiSpyware.exe. AntiVir denied access, the update failed, and now I cannot get my Pro version to start. SUPERAntiSpyware.exe cannot be found.

I uninstalled the remains of SUPERAntiSpyware through Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP, SP3), and then downloaded a fesh copy of SUPERAntiSpyware Pro. During the installation, AntiVir detected the same thing. The setup appeared to complete successfully, but SUPERAntiSpyware.exe cannot be found.

The next thing I'll try is disabling AntiVir and attempting Setup again. However, if 'Spy.Spatet.BC' IS in the executable, somebody needs to fix it.

Thanks. I reported it to Avira.

Incidentally, after disabling AntiVir Guard (active scanning) and manually deleting what was left in the SAS folder, I was able to install successfully.

Thanks. I reported it to Avira.

Incidentally, after disabling AntiVir Guard (active scanning) and manually deleting what was left in the SAS folder, I was able to install successfully.

I also received the same warning from Avira and, even though I put the SAS executable (inc path) in the Exception Box for both the Scanner and the Guard. Avira kept popping up a box saying superantispyware.exe , access denied.

So, I just stopped SAS from running at startup and rebooted. I am not running SAS Pro at this time.

Buffalo

PS: I did submit that file to Avira and got an automated response that they are looking at it. :)

Hopefully they will correct this problem with their next def update. This only started with the new def update to Avira (V7.11.13.37 on 8/12/2011).