robinb9

Upgrade to version 5.0.1116 question

I just got a popup (btw nice look for it) asking me to do an upgrade

It also required a reboot

but when it went for the reboot it said it could not initialize superantispyware.exe because windows was shutting down

this error msg happend on all 4 computers (xp and windows 7, 32 bit and 64bit computers)

once it rebooted everything looks fine

can you please tell me what has been updated?

thanks

robin

Hi,

'Just updated too; the major & positive changement I notice appears under "Preferences" > "Updates" : new option "Notify me when definition updates have been downloaded".

By unchecking this option, the systray pop-up window doesn't show up anymore after each definition update (making these updates completely "silent").

Well done & thanks to the SAS developers ! :)

(Win 7 SP1 x64 Professional)

this is the error msg in event viewer on xp pro sp3

Application popup: SUPERAntiSpyware.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

I just got a popup (btw nice look for it) asking me to do an upgrade

It also required a reboot

but when it went for the reboot it said it could not initialize superantispyware.exe because windows was shutting down

this error msg happend on all 4 computers (xp and windows 7, 32 bit and 64bit computers)

once it rebooted everything looks fine

can you please tell me what has been updated?

thanks

robin

Interesting!

I was running the alternate(more secure) SAS v5.0.1108 when I did the update and reboot. Afterwards, I was STILL running the 1108 ver! I quit it; rebooted(again) and started the regular ver. which indicated v5.0.1116. The alternate start even hid from it's own updater!!! Real Cool!!!

this is the error msg in event viewer on xp pro sp3

Application popup: SUPERAntiSpyware.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

It must have been a timing issue on the shutdown; The update tool re-launches SUPERAntiSpyware after it's done with the update, but you're in the middle of a reboot so it wasn't able to launch. We'll probably just remove the re-launch if the updater has initiated a reboot (might be as soon as the next release). It's unusual for us to have to update components that require a reboot, but there's bound to be some minor fixes after such a major release.

It must have been a timing issue on the shutdown; The update tool re-launches SUPERAntiSpyware after it's done with the update, but you're in the middle of a reboot so it wasn't able to launch. We'll probably just remove the re-launch if the updater has initiated a reboot (might be as soon as the next release). It's unusual for us to have to update components that require a reboot, but there's bound to be some minor fixes after such a major release.

thank you

just wanted to tell you what was happening so you would be aware and fix it

robin