JDHarper

I can't install SuperAntiSpyware remotely any more?

I recently tried to install SuperAntiSpyware remotely on one of my client's computers, as I've done regularly for a long time. This time I got the following error message:

cMaHs.png

Is this a legitimate popup or a clever virus? I'll be sad if I can't install SuperAntiSpyware remotely any more--it's great software that we use all the time, but if I can't install it remotely it's going to be dramatically less useful.

Edit: Corrected formatting.

I recently tried to install SuperAntiSpyware remotely on one of my client's computers, as I've done regularly for a long time. This time I got the following error message:

cMaHs.png

Is this a legitimate popup or a clever virus? I'll be sad if I can't install SuperAntiSpyware remotely any more--it's great software that we use all the time, but if I can't install it remotely it's going to be dramatically less useful.

Edit: Corrected formatting.

We were encountering a number of businesses using the SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition as part of a "malware removal service" but were not licensed to use SUPERAntiSpyware for this purpose. The Free Edition has always been licensed for for personal use only, so the check for remote-support type installations was added.

Installing SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition on a customer's machine is perfectly fine. The problem was that it was being installed, used, then uninstalled - all by a technician. Because we do have users who install (and leave) SUPERAntiSpyware on a remote machine, we removed the check for now. Try downloading the installer again if you are encountering the issue.

If you are using SUPERAntiSpyware as part of a removal service, please contact sales@superantispyware.com for a technician's license.

We were encountering a number of businesses using the SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition as part of a "malware removal service" but were not licensed to use SUPERAntiSpyware for this purpose. The Free Edition has always been licensed for for personal use only, so the check for remote-support type installations was added.

Installing SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition on a customer's machine is perfectly fine. The problem was that it was being installed, used, then uninstalled - all by a technician. Because we do have users who install (and leave) SUPERAntiSpyware on a remote machine, we removed the check for now. Try downloading the installer again if you are encountering the issue.

If you are using SUPERAntiSpyware as part of a removal service, please contact sales@superantispyware.com for a technician's license.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for removing that check.

The way we are using your product is to install it on users' PC's to run malware scans, along with our other antimalware tools. We typically leave SuperAntiSpyware in place, since it's useful to have it already installed, and so that users can run scans on their own if they so desire. Is this an acceptable use of the software, or is that something we would need a technician's license for?

Ah, I understand. Thanks for removing that check.

The way we are using your product is to install it on users' PC's to run malware scans, along with our other antimalware tools. We typically leave SuperAntiSpyware in place, since it's useful to have it already installed, and so that users can run scans on their own if they so desire. Is this an acceptable use of the software, or is that something we would need a technician's license for?

If it is installed (and left) on a user's machine then you're working within the parameters we have in place for the Free Edition.