mchain

SAS definition file not showing in limited user

Running XP Home 32-bit SP3 2GB RAM, SAS version 5.0.1108.

Update went well, and program is faster as advertised.

But minor changes:

1.) Definition updates in limited user account do not work anymore. I must enter Administrator account to update or use 'Run as....' if in limited user to update.

2.) Definition updates not listed correctly in limited user account when updating in Administrator account. 0 Core and 0 Trace and older definition date is the result when running limited user. This shows after I reboot from Administrator to limited user.

3.) Updating definitions while in limited user will result in dialog box displaying update progress ending in 'definitions are current' and I close box. Highlighting the SAS icon in system tray will then show current update parameters but older definition date.

Definitely better than before.

Can this be fixed?

Definitely progress here. Just a niggling issue. I would not consider running version 4 as 'Pro', as it took too much system resources to run as 'Free', especially when updating the definitions file. Can only imagine what impact system resources would have had if I had the 'Pro' version and was running it with real-time enabled. SAS 'Free' now running about the same as Malwarebytes Free in terms of system resource use.

mchain

Running XP Home 32-bit SP3 2GB RAM, SAS version 5.0.1108.

Update went well, and program is faster as advertised.

But minor changes:

1.) Definition updates in limited user account do not work anymore. I must enter Administrator account to update or use 'Run as....' if in limited user to update.

2.) Definition updates not listed correctly in limited user account when updating in Administrator account. 0 Core and 0 Trace and older definition date is the result when running limited user. This shows after I reboot from Administrator to limited user.

3.) Updating definitions while in limited user will result in dialog box displaying update progress ending in 'definitions are current' and I close box. Highlighting the SAS icon in system tray will then show current update parameters but older definition date.

Definitely better than before.

Can this be fixed?

Definitely progress here. Just a niggling issue. I would not consider running version 4 as 'Pro', as it took too much system resources to run as 'Free', especially when updating the definitions file. Can only imagine what impact system resources would have had if I had the 'Pro' version and was running it with real-time enabled. SAS 'Free' now running about the same as Malwarebytes Free in terms of system resource use.

mchain

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 should work fine as a limited user; however there are some rare XP configurations where the application data folder's permission has been altered. If you download and re-install the latest SUPERAntiSpyware setup package from our website, it should resolve the issue for you. The new real-time engine for SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 is worth taking a second look. Many performance improvements.