John_E

v5.0.1108 Minor Questions

Thanks for the update to 5.x version. So far it runs and scans fine.

Couple of minor things:

1. Running Vista 32 Premium with SAS Pro and Security Center does not show SAS. Avast! shows for both antivirus and spyware. Preferences in SAS are set for it to integrate. FYI, SAS v4.x did not show either.

2. Is there a legend for the new symbols overlayed on the system tray bug? For example mine shows a green shape with a white check mark. Although one would think everything is OK this could be interpreted different ways.

Thanks...

Hi,

1. see here

2. the green shape with a white check mark informs that Real-Time Protection is enabled (this option is checked in the GUI)

Hope this helps ...

Hi,

1. see here

2. the green shape with a white check mark informs that Real-Time Protection is enabled (this option is checked in the GUI)

Hope this helps ...

Thanks for the reply. On #1 it was never integrated in version 4. Although I'd like to see it there maybe it's not very important?

Since I originally posted I discovered the shield and check mark meant real-time enabled. I do believe it changes for other things but don't know what they all mean and thought maybe there was a legend somewhere.

Thanks again, throkr, for your post.

I do believe it changes for other things

Indeed : it changes into a little animated blue circle during database updates as well as during scans. That's all I noticed since I'm using SAS Pro...