Sign in to follow this  
alternety

Whats running won't install FF5

I tried to install the whats running on your computer program. I have Firefox 5, win 7 64. SAS 5 Pro licensed. I get a message that the file was not installed because it is corrupt.

Hi, Seth,

I have the same problem, but the link you provided eventually returns me to the original webpage. I have Firefox 5.0.1

Hello.

From the link:

The "Find out what’s running on your computer!" plugin isn’t compatible with Firefox 3. You can use this direct link in Firefox 2 or Internet Explorer:

That incompatibility would include FF V3 and higher.

Got it. I read that but concluded erroneously, and perhaps illogically, that it could not possibly mean they were not updating it with FF releases. Even though I noted that the instructions were not consistent with current FF.

I got it to run by changing the default browser to IE and running it in IE.

Suggestions to SAS:

1 - State clearly this will not run on FF after V3. Runs only on IE.

2 - The application knows FF is the default browser. I would guess it can also find out what version. If so, don't go to load FF add-in page. Generate a message that IE has to be the default browser.

3 - When displaying the things that are running; if you would like us to tell you what some of the unknowns are you should make provision for adding comments to the items and then submitting. There were a lot of unknowns that are relatively common things.