silkphoenix

Scheduled Scanning

I have that version installed now.

Still does quick scan fine. Will not do full scans. Kicks out a SAS error message every time- whether I try to run a complete scan straight up or do it scheduled.

Any suggestions?

Back in the version 4 days, everything worked fine. Now, just quick scans. I have a ticket open and they suggested not scanning compressed files. Still kicked an SAS error mesage.

I have that version installed now.

Still does quick scan fine. Will not do full scans. Kicks out a SAS error message every time- whether I try to run a complete scan straight up or do it scheduled.

Any suggestions?

Back in the version 4 days, everything worked fine. Now, just quick scans. I have a ticket open and they suggested not scanning compressed files. Still kicked an SAS error mesage.

You might want to post the error message here so the SAS Administrators/Moderators in this forum can look at that to see what is the problem.

So much troubles for such a key function/feature as scheduled scan. It must be a huge blow for this product to be released without having it work properly. I don´t understand how it passed the tests before relasing it? I have the Trial version which even don´t let me save the tasks for scheduling......unbelieveable!!!!! (See another post/thread)

This is from SAS home page:

Schedule either Quick, Complete or Custom Scans Daily or Weekly to ensure your computer is free from harmful software. Remove spyware automatically.

BUT it is not even possible to setup a scheduled scan (at least in the Trial version)...and if you can, it does not even work... This product does not offer what it promises! :evil:

My scheduled SAS 5 Pro scans are working as normal through Windows Task Manager. Last scan was eight hours ago. SAS 5 has yet to miss one scheduled scan... QUICK or FULL. Go Figure. :mellow:

You might want to post the error message here so the SAS Administrators/Moderators in this forum can look at that to see what is the problem.

No specific message...just the SAS error box....asks me to enter my email address to send a report.