Sign in to follow this  
allballgames

v5 question

hi using firefox and v4 always updated. Up until May this year SAS used to find many cookies when scanned, usually dozens.After May it dropped to finding one more often than not . Now first few scans with v5 have found none. my www search pattern has not altered I look at the same old same old a bit puzzling thanks mike b

I have been puzzled by the same thing.

Recent scans both full and quick with V5 have been clean, whereas previous scans always use to identify and remove a considerable number of cookies.

Using Fifefox 5, IE9 and occasionally Google Chrome

Operating system Vista SP 2, SAS 5.0.1108 (real time protection enabled), NIS 18.6.029

I posted to another thread this:

Wow, a 50 sec scan on Win64. Only found one tracking cookie, in IE , version 4.x was finding cookies in Firefox. Does it still check Firefox, or perhaps the new version does not like the fact I'm using 'Nightly builds' of Firefox.

8.0a1 (2011-08-06) <- Firefox version 32bit

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0a1) Gecko/20110806 Firefox/8.0a1

thanks

Guess its not related to version I"m using...

I have been puzzled by the same thing.

Recent scans both full and quick with V5 have been clean, whereas previous scans always use to identify and remove a considerable number of cookies.

Using Fifefox 5, IE9 and occasionally Google Chrome

Operating system Vista SP 2, SAS 5.0.1108 (real time protection enabled), NIS 18.6.029

We will see if we can reproduce this - a developer may need to contact you for additional information.