Ant

SASCORE.EXE - Entry Point Not Found. The Procedure entry point WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.

Hello.

I am trying to upgrade SAS Free to the latest v5 on my dad/father/pa's old Dell PC with Windows 2000 SP4 (all updates from MS). I downloaded SAS installer manually. It uninstalled old SAS v4.x and installed v5, but told me SASCORE.EXE - "Entry Point Not Found. The Procedure entry point WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I attached a screen shot of this error dialog box.

I noticed there is no SAS service like in XP and 64-bit W7 UE. What's wrong? SAS free seems to run and I recall service is required. Older SAS versions never had this problem. If v5 won't work, then where I can redownload v4 and how long will its support be?

Thank you in advance. :)

Hello.

I am trying to upgrade SAS Free to the latest v5 on my dad/father/pa's old Dell PC with Windows 2000 SP4 (all updates from MS). I downloaded SAS installer manually. It uninstalled old SAS v4.x and installed v5, but told me SASCORE.EXE - "Entry Point Not Found. The Procedure entry point WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." I attached a screen shot of this error dialog box.

I noticed there is no SAS service like in XP and 64-bit W7 UE. What's wrong? SAS free seems to run and I recall service is required. Older SAS versions never had this problem. If v5 won't work, then where I can redownload v4 and how long will its support be?

Thank you in advance. :)

We will take a look at this on our test systems.

We will take a look at this on our test systems.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me SAS QA didn't test it in updated W2K SP4?

Wait a minute. Are you telling me SAS QA didn't test it in updated W2K SP4?

No, that's not what I am saying - what I said is exactly what I said above - we will investigate with a test system.

FYI I was able to reproduce its service problem easily on a clean, updated W2K SP4 in an old VMware Workstation v4.5.3's image as shown attached. :(

post-6355-0-10789100-1312656313_thumb.jpg

FYI I was able to reproduce its service problem easily on a clean, updated W2K SP4 in an old VMware Workstation v4.5.3's image as shown attached. :(

FYI - we are checking it out, but Windows 2000 is not really on our officially supported list for 5.0

FYI - we are checking it out, but Windows 2000 is not really on our officially supported list for 5.0

Thanks, but why does https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html say "Windows 2000, XP, Media Center, Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 7 ..." for its system requirements? I assume v5 still supported W2K. If it is not supported, then the installer should be blocked to install and run. Also, this web page needs to be updated.

Thanks, but why does https://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html say "Windows 2000, XP, Media Center, Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 7 ..." for its system requirements? I assume v5 still supported W2K. If it is not supported, then the installer should be blocked to install and run. Also, this web page needs to be updated.

I also have Win2000ProSP4 and the lifetime version of SAS. When I did a reinstall of ver 5. that message also came up.

The SAS website also states that Win2000Pro is supported.

Before I did a reinstall,

I also had a problem a day after the update to the newer version when I updated the def files and then tried to do a scan. It immediately put up an error and stated it was sending a report to SAS. I agreed and SAS was shutdown and restarted by its program and then my system froze (for over 5 min). When I shut down through Task Manager (took almost two minutes for it to come up) and did a reboot, my PC would only boot up to the 'Applying your personal settings' and then reboot. The same happened in Safe Mode.

I had to do a repair install of Win2000Pro and then apply a 'zillion' updates. :)

I wasted over 15hrs researching etc.

Now it is almost normal.

Overall, SAS might be a great program, but it has only found cookies on my machine and false positives and caused me over 30hrs of work, overall.

If they say Win2000 is not one of their supported OS's, then damnit, they ought to send an email to the registered owners.

Buffalo4

The latest build on our website resolves this error. It's difficult to officially support Windows 2000 because Microsoft can no longer distribute copies of the OS to developers due to licensing issues. However, we do make every effort to ensure backwards compatibility.

The latest build on our website resolves this error. It's difficult to officially support Windows 2000 because Microsoft can no longer distribute copies of the OS to developers due to licensing issues. However, we do make every effort to ensure backwards compatibility.

Didn't the company have previous licenses from years ago?

As for the newer build, will there be an update or do W2Kers have to download the whole installer manually? Also, I don't see a newer build (still 1108).

As for the newer build, will there be an update or do W2Kers have to download the whole installer manually?

Right now it's available as the installer download. It should be available as an in-product update today or tomorrow.

Right now it's available as the installer download. It should be available as an in-product update today or tomorrow.

Thanks. I will wait for its small patch/update. :)

Thanks for the quick work. Now Avira (free version) finds the superantispyware.exe file to be Malware TR/SpySpatet.BC and denies SuperAntiSpyware.exe acess. I did send that file to Avira as a false positive. It only happened after the latest Avira def update (V7.11.13.37 8/12/2011).

Anyway, since your latest SAS def update, my SAS problems appeared to disappear, or perhaps the Avira catch happened because of the SAS def update, I can't remember. :)

Buffalo4

Thanks for the quick work. Now Avira (free version) finds the superantispyware.exe file to be Malware TR/SpySpatet.BC and denies SuperAntiSpyware.exe acess. I did send that file to Avira as a false positive. It only happened after the latest Avira def update (V7.11.13.37 8/12/2011).

Anyway, since your latest SAS def update, my SAS problems appeared to disappear, or perhaps the Avira catch happened because of the SAS def update, I can't remember. :)

Buffalo4

I uninstalled SAS with the SAS uninstaller program and dl'd and installed the latest SAS Pro version (site states it is ver 5.0.1108 but it actually turns out to be ver 5.0.1118. (yes 1118 and not 1116).

Now neither Avira nor Comodo hit on the superantispyware.exe file.

When I tried the SAS update option, it would not find the 1118 ver.

So, perhaps in a few days, the update program will find the newer version.

BTW, Thanks SAS, the new Ver5 is doing great!!!!! Much faster scans, etc.

Buffalo4