Slap

Auto Shutdown Problem After Scheduled Scan

I've read a similar issue with version 5.0 on one of your other forum pages. I had the previous version prior to downloading version 5.0.1108. Now when I run a scheduled scan (complete scan running Windows XP SP3 my system will not shut down even though I have it set to. I have the box checked correctly in settings and my previous version did it all the time. I know there is a known bug with Windows 7 but I suspect there is an issue with XP as well. Any suggestions...?? Thanks....

I've read a similar issue with version 5.0 on one of your other forum pages. I had the previous version prior to downloading version 5.0.1108. Now when I run a scheduled scan (complete scan running Windows XP SP3 my system will not shut down even though I have it set to. I have the box checked correctly in settings and my previous version did it all the time. I know there is a known bug with Windows 7 but I suspect there is an issue with XP as well. Any suggestions...?? Thanks....

Everything seems to be functioning correctly on our test systems. What happens at the end of a scheduled scan that you have set to shutdown afterwards? Is the UI still visible (or was it hidden during the scan?), are you trying to power off or sleep/suspend your PC after the scan is complete?

Hey Dave thanks for the quick response. I have the UI hidden during the scan. At the end of the scan it's requesting user intervention. In this case it's detecting cookies (but I always had it set that way). The following items are checked:

Run Task As Soon as Possible....

Wake Computer from sleep...

Do not show the user interface....

Quarantine and remove....

Check for updates before scanning

Power down the computer (with "shutdown" showing the radio button)

Obviously I want it to shut down completely. All I want it to do is quarantine any items and then shut down the PC once finished. Any clues? Like I said...the previous version before this one did it every time. I have not loaded or changed any other s/w on my system since the new version download (yesterday). When I came home this evening...the computer was on and the UI asked me to hit the "finish" button to quarantine 2 cookies it found....

Does anyone have a solution to this or experiencing similar on Windows XP?

Hey Dave thanks for the quick response. I have the UI hidden during the scan. At the end of the scan it's requesting user intervention. In this case it's detecting cookies (but I always had it set that way). The following items are checked:

Run Task As Soon as Possible....

Wake Computer from sleep...

Do not show the user interface....

Quarantine and remove....

Check for updates before scanning

Power down the computer (with "shutdown" showing the radio button)

Obviously I want it to shut down completely. All I want it to do is quarantine any items and then shut down the PC once finished. Any clues? Like I said...the previous version before this one did it every time. I have not loaded or changed any other s/w on my system since the new version download (yesterday). When I came home this evening...the computer was on and the UI asked me to hit the "finish" button to quarantine 2 cookies it found....

Does anyone have a solution to this or experiencing similar on Windows XP?

I had the same issue on my wife's desktop running Windows XP. I went back into the scheduled scan settings and unchecked "Power down after scan" then saved it. I closed out SAS and reopened. Go back into the scheduled scan, recheck the Power down option and save. Last night it successfully powered down.