Sign in to follow this  
OregonJim

FireFox Messages that it cannot update

I have been getting messages that FireFox cannot update and to contact my system administrator. I uninstalled and reinstalled once, then started getting the messages again. I went to Mozilla today, downloaded the latest version, and when I tried to install/update, SUPERAntiSpyware flagged the file as containing a trojan.

Is this a false positive? How do I tell?

Thanks, Jim

I have been getting messages that FireFox cannot update and to contact my system administrator. I uninstalled and reinstalled once, then started getting the messages again. I went to Mozilla today, downloaded the latest version, and when I tried to install/update, SUPERAntiSpyware flagged the file as containing a trojan.

Is this a false positive? How do I tell?

Thanks, Jim

Please post your scan log here for review.

Hi,

I noticed the same as Jim everytime Firefox has to be updated. I download the new *.exe file from the official site, double-click on it to install and immediately get this window :

saspro.jpg

After that, I abort the installation, go into SAS > Manage Quarantine, restore the file and disable SAS's real-time protection. I'm then able to install Firefox's new version without any problem and, after that,I enable SAS's real-time protection again.

Weird thing is that, if I scan this specific file (in this case "Mozilla Firefox 6.0.exe") with the right-click in Windows context menu, SAS tells the file is clean ...

Thanks for your assistance !

(Running SAS Pro 5.0.1118 on Win7 SP1 x64 Professional)

Hi,

It would be nice to get an answer / some indications concerning the Firefox updates (see my previous post above with SAS's alert) ...

Thanks !

Same issue today when updating to latest version 6.0.1 of Firefox ... :angry:

Thanks for your help !

Edit 13 September 2011 : as I didn't receive any answer, I opened a new topic a few days ago ...