robinb9

a problem on 64bit installing 5.0

I am only finding this on computers running windows 7 64bit. I already found this on 3 computers running 64bit

I downloaded the 5.0 pro version from the website

I installed it over 4.56 (the one i redownloaded that had the fix for 4.56)

It seems to install it fine

When it is finished and the bug goes into the taskbar-Windows 7 pops up and says Superantispyware seems to have a problem and needs to close or look for a solution)

Superantispyware closes

I tried restarting it 2x then finally got it to work and rebooted and now all seems fine.

robin

I am only finding this on computers running windows 7 64bit. I already found this on 3 computers running 64bit

I downloaded the 5.0 pro version from the website

I installed it over 4.56 (the one i redownloaded that had the fix for 4.56)

It seems to install it fine

When it is finished and the bug goes into the taskbar-Windows 7 pops up and says Superantispyware seems to have a problem and needs to close or look for a solution)

Superantispyware closes

I tried restarting it 2x then finally got it to work and rebooted and now all seems fine.

robin

Great; please use our uninstaller next time to make sure version 4.xx is completely removed before installing version 5.0

Hello:

Relative newbie to this forum, so not sure if you are "mergers" or "splitters" when it comes to topics. :wink:

(Mods, please feel free to "split", as appropriate.)

This post about trouble running the full installer on Win7/64 caught my eye, as I would like to avert upgrade problems.

Desktop: SAS 4.56 FREE on Win7/64 with KIS2011 and MBAM PRO (everything fully patched).

Laptop: SAS 4.56 PRO on Win7/32 with Webroot ISE and MBAM PRO (likewise fully patched).

The new version sticky suggests that we can upgrade in-place, on top of 4.56, from within SAS ("check for updates").

However, the OP here had issues on several Win7/64 boxes, even running the standalone installer.

And the reply suggested a clean install after running the SAS uninstaller is the way to go....

So, which of the 3 methods is most likely to be successful with fewest problems:

1) "Check for updates" from within SAS (in-place upgrade)?

2) Download and run the full installer (without first uninstalling 4.56)?

3) Clean install after first uninstalling 4.56?

Thanks very much in advance,

MoxieMomma

Hello:

Relative newbie to this forum, so not sure if you are "mergers" or "splitters" when it comes to topics. :wink:

(Mods, please feel free to "split", as appropriate.)

This post about trouble running the full installer on Win7/64 caught my eye, as I would like to avert upgrade problems.

Desktop: SAS 4.56 FREE on Win7/64 with KIS2011 and MBAM PRO (everything fully patched).

Laptop: SAS 4.56 PRO on Win7/32 with Webroot ISE and MBAM PRO (likewise fully patched).

The new version sticky suggests that we can upgrade in-place, on top of 4.56, from within SAS ("check for updates").

However, the OP here had issues on several Win7/64 boxes, even running the standalone installer.

And the reply suggested a clean install after running the SAS uninstaller is the way to go....

So, which of the 3 methods is most likely to be successful with fewest problems:

1) "Check for updates" from within SAS (in-place upgrade)?

2) Download and run the full installer (without first uninstalling 4.56)?

3) Clean install after first uninstalling 4.56?

Thanks very much in advance,

MoxieMomma

The update servers are on, so let it auto-update.

The update servers are on, so let it auto-update.

Before you do the upgrade make sure you have your registration number because you might have to enter it again.

I had to on an xp machine and 2 windows 7 for my clients and thank goodness i wrote down their reg key prior to the upgrade

robin

I am a SAS reseller and personally had 3 laptops and 4 desktops installed with SAS v4.56.1000 until yesterday (8/3/2011). Then the 'first iteration' of the 5.0 install was pushed out, one which updated various components individually and required a reboot to complete.

Low and behold, last night's update process blew away the lifetime subscription keys on any machine it was run on (4 in total for me, personally). I was able to make note of the keys on 2 of the 4 machines, but the first two had run the update before I knew this was happening. Now I have no idea what keys were on those machines, and as a reseller, I manage a large number of keys for my clients.

This morning I made note of the key and ran the v5 update on another machine and it looks like you guys stayed up late fixing the update process, it's back to a single large .exe file download and at least some prompting for new feature configurations and you now reserve the key.

What are you going to do about the thousands of customers who lost their keys afer running yesterday's (8/3/2011) version 5.0 update?

Just a note:

"Auto-update" on both rigs (DT running Win7/64 and SAS Free, and LT running Win7/32 and SAS Pro) went fine.

No loss of license info on the LT.

Scans are MUCH faster!

Thanks, all!

MoxieMomma