Sign in to follow this  
robinb9

Problem with version 4.56.1000

prior to updating everything was fine. After update (and this is not just happening on my computer it seems to be happening on a few of my client computers running windows 7 32 bit and 64bit.

If you try to open the program by double clicking the task bar (left bottom corner) yellow bug, nothing happens.. Try clicking the desktop icon, again it will not open. I had to end task superantispyware.exe then retry to open it and then it opens. I was getting emails from clients that had told me the same thing and when i went to try it on my computer (mine is running 64bit- they 32bit) I got the same thing.

Also i was away from the computer for a about 3 hours and when I came back i noticed a box that said Superantipysware ecountered an error and would i like to send the log to superantispyware. I put in my email address and pressed "send". It was not set to do a scan, it scans on Wednesday and the time i had tried to see if it would open was 11am this morning and I left at 2pm.

Reboot fixes it but from what 2 of my clients have told me even after a reboot it did it again.

it seems like a intermittent error. This never happened before in any of the versions and i have had superantispyware for a very long time, so it seems like it is something in this newer upgrade that did it

robin

Well I am a legal license user of SUPERAntispyware Professional Edition. I have never had any problem with the program as a matter of fact, but after updating to version 4.56.1000 I have also encountered similar problems to the ones described above. First the program seems to be updating for ever....it doesn't really fully start. It freezes. I can see the rectangular superantispyware window on my desktop and nothing else happens. When I click on the icon on the toolbar, the same.

I tested this on two different PCs and decided to uninstall for the time being.....

I am using Eset Smart Security and Malwarebytes. Perhaps there is an incompatibility issue....

I hope you can solve this problem soon before you release version 5 Final.

Thanks.

This was only a 64-bit issue and has been resolved - download the new 4.56 from our site and re-install and you will have no issues.

This was only a 64-bit issue and has been resolved - download the new 4.56 from our site and re-install and you will have no issues.

I have 3 computers that are seeing this on 64bit and 3 on 32bit so it is not only happening on 64bit

are you planning to put it in an update like real soon? for those who do not know to go to the website and install it again?

I really do not want to uninstall the program and reinstall, i would rather you see it fixed in an upgrade and i really do not want to go on 10 machines because that is how many are seeing this issue of sorts and uninstall their superantispyware pro and reinstall it

rrobin

I have 3 computers that are seeing this on 64bit and 3 on 32bit so it is not only happening on 64bit

are you planning to put it in an update like real soon? for those who do not know to go to the website and install it again?

I really do not want to uninstall the program and reinstall, i would rather you see it fixed in an upgrade and i really do not want to go on 10 machines because that is how many are seeing this issue of sorts and uninstall their superantispyware pro and reinstall it

rrobin

Robin - the issue can't happen on 32-bit - uninstall and reinstall or wait for 5.0 tomorrow

Robin - the issue can't happen on 32-bit - uninstall and reinstall or wait for 5.0 tomorrow

5.0 coming out today? btw on my 64bit i could not open superantispyware today, in fact it crashed on trying to uninstall it. I finally got it uninstalled and put the one on your website and so far it is fine

I am going to check my clients that are on 64bit today and if i decide not to uninstall them because I can open the software will it upgrade to 5.0 with no problems?

robin

5.0 coming out today? btw on my 64bit i could not open superantispyware today, in fact it crashed on trying to uninstall it. I finally got it uninstalled and put the one on your website and so far it is fine

I am going to check my clients that are on 64bit today and if i decide not to uninstall them because I can open the software will it upgrade to 5.0 with no problems?

robin

ok i had to uninstall on 2 more 64bit machines so far. What is worse it will not uninstall properly. It starts the uninstall process then just sits there and doesn't tell you that it uninstalled it. I let it sit for 10min- nothing- then i looked in Program and Features and noticed it is gone but it is still sitting with an icon on the desktop but the bug is gone from the taskbar. I rebooted both machines and installed the new 4.56 from the website that i had downloaded prior to uninstalling it.

It first said there is another superantispyware already on (i am figured something got hung up in the registry for the program when trying to uninstall.) this happened on both machines and I told it to install it anyway.

It did install and so far everything looks fine

I am off to do the next 3 that have this same problem- all are superantispyware pro versions

robin