Sign in to follow this  
bohemianroxie

Trojans and computer behavior

My computer was acting a little erratic ..so I did a full scan with sas and found a trojan

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeDoc

C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}\WORDICON.

So far so good

I am going to follow it up with Malwarebytes..Avast..and a few others to make sure I'm clean.

But my real question here is: where are there real definitions and explanation of the behavior some of this stuff does? I'm just not finding anything online except for ways to get rid of trojans and viruses...but no explanation of the actual behavior of specific ones.

I had just done a microsoft update and am trying to figure out which issues are actually related to the trojan themselves..or other issues..., of course, I can just wait and see...

But it would be nice to know these things..

My computer was acting a little erratic ..so I did a full scan with sas and found a trojan

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeDoc

C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\{00000409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}\WORDICON.

So far so good

I am going to follow it up with Malwarebytes..Avast..and a few others to make sure I'm clean.

But my real question here is: where are there real definitions and explanation of the behavior some of this stuff does? I'm just not finding anything online except for ways to get rid of trojans and viruses...but no explanation of the actual behavior of specific ones.

I had just done a microsoft update and am trying to figure out which issues are actually related to the trojan themselves..or other issues..., of course, I can just wait and see...

But it would be nice to know these things..

As we recieve over 30000 samples per day- our concern is to add defintions to remove the offending malware rather than to explain the behavior of each one. Most trojans are used to attain one of the following:

Use of the machine as part of a botnet (e.g. to perform automated spamming or to distribute Denial-of-service attacks), Data theft (e.g. retrieving passwords or credit card information),Installation of software, including third-party malware, Downloading or uploading of files on the user's computer

Modification or deletion of files,Keystroke logging, Watching the user's screen, Crashing the computer etc etc.

As we recieve over 30000 samples per day- our concern is to add defintions to remove the offending malware rather than to explain the behavior of each one. Most trojans are used to attain one of the following:

Use of the machine as part of a botnet (e.g. to perform automated spamming or to distribute Denial-of-service attacks), Data theft (e.g. retrieving passwords or credit card information),Installation of software, including third-party malware, Downloading or uploading of files on the user's computer

Modification or deletion of files,Keystroke logging, Watching the user's screen, Crashing the computer etc etc.

Yep, I understand..

Trojan gone..

But evidently some of my issues were from those wonderful Microsoft updates we are always so encouraged to get.