genegold

50% CPU usage on start up - SAS

I've long had SAS Pro on my desktop and just installed SAS (4,55,0,1000) on a new netbook (Acer Aspire One AO722). In looking at why the laptop's system fan might be coming on during start up no matter what the room temp, I was looking at CPU usage and noted that SAS uses up to 50%. Sometimes it jumps back and forth between low and high, staying around 50% for a few seconds, and other start ups it stays up there for a minute or two. I assume it depends on when the laptop was last used, and the process of checking and downloading/installing updates. Still, is 50% CPU usage normal? It seems high. Thanks,

I've long had SAS Pro on my desktop and just installed SAS (4,55,0,1000) on a new netbook (Acer Aspire One AO722). In looking at why the laptop's system fan might be coming on during start up no matter what the room temp, I was looking at CPU usage and noted that SAS uses up to 50%. Sometimes it jumps back and forth between low and high, staying around 50% for a few seconds, and other start ups it stays up there for a minute or two. I assume it depends on when the laptop was last used, and the process of checking and downloading/installing updates. Still, is 50% CPU usage normal? It seems high. Thanks,

How fast is your CPU (Ghz)? How much ram do you have?-- Are you running any other security?

AMD C-50 processor 1.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 2GB RAM, Win 7/64

Also running MSE and Win 7 firewall, Ccleaner

I'm soon to go to an SSD and 4GB RAM, once I understand the fan situation better.

Update: watching my desktop boot cold, with the same settings SAS Pro also hits 40-50% CPU, but only stays there for a few moments. That's on a AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core 7750 (AM2+) with 4GB RAM, running XP/SP3